We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

St Albans
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

Has anyone been on this flight and if so what is in the amenity pack please? Thanks

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

Hi - we did the Thomson premium flight from Glasgow to Cancun. (back 2 weeks) I have just gone and opened my pack to check - didn't even open on plane!

socks

eye mask (for sleeping)

L'occitane cleansing refreshing cloth

toothbrush

mini toothpaste

Please just ask if I can answer any more questions about flight.

St Albans
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

Thanks for the reply- so was it all ok?would you do it again?

Edited: 30 July 2010, 20:53
Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

Absolutely! Many people believe it is not worth the money but I think it adds to the whole holiday experience. Not having to wait in big check-in queues is a massive plus. The room in the seats was very good and the food was delicious, particularly the risotto on the way ;-) I had at a good few drinks alcoholic and non-alcoholic too.

You can be really lucky and the upgrade doesn't cost too much more. We paid around £200 each which is a lot of money and many others will say that they would rather spend the money on holiday. I always take on holiday what I want to spend and don't take less as I've upgraded. I see it as part of the holiday cost and we worked bloody hard for it! Which hotel are you going to?

St Albans
Level Contributor
94 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

Thank you

We are off to the Eldorado Royale and its our first time in Mexico as wanted to do something a bit different as have been to several islands before, and so 1st time flying Thomson too so it will be good to see what it is like as usually go Virgin Premium.

Gwalior
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

Absolutely! Many people believe it is not worth the money but I think it adds to the whole holiday experience. Not having to wait in big check-in queues is a massive plus. The room in the seats was very good and the food was delicious, particularly the risotto on the way ;-) I had at a good few drinks alcoholic and non-alcoholic too.

<a href="http://www.plrprivatelabelrights.com" rel="dofollow">PLR Private Label Rights</a>

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,674 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

I've never flown with Virgin but it will likely be a lot more expensive to upgrade than Thomson - probably more baggage and choice of meals etc? I don't think you'll be disappointed. Have a fantastic time!

Witham, Essex, UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

We flew LGW to CUN in June with Thomson in Premium Economy. The seats were ok, not as good as I had hoped as I like to lift the arm rests, but these go all the way down and do not move.

Everything else however was spot on and well worth the cash! Check in was super speedy especially when you see the other queue, the food was good, the drinks on the way out were great! We normally fly 5 and a half hours to Egypt and that to me drags more than when we flew to Cancun! I know you can get this cheaply in economy but the entertainment package is FAB!!!!

Oh and we went to the EDR - it was so amazing! Also with PE I think you get private taxi to the resort, this was great, as being cramped on a bus with that humidity is a godsend!

8. Re: Premium Thomson Flights Gatwick to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 05:18