We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
6 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

we booked 2 return flights to capetown in september 2009 to travel in February 2010

in november 2009 we tried to book our seats and realised that we had been given the wrong return date

we contacted them and they made us pay an extra £250 each, total £500, to get the date that we thought we had already booked for the return flight

after protracted letters, we learnt, from the carrier not the agent that the airlines cost was £300, leaving £200 for the agent, on checking their own online booking terms I realised that they should have only charged us £25 each and not £100 each

eventually after pointing this out to southall travel, we got a refund of £150 from them

avoid at all cost

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
2,545 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

And you just joined today to tell us about your flights to Capetown ????

Shame about your problems with Southall Travel. Personally i have used them frequently and recommended them without any problems, and always found them to be competative.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,684 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

To my certain knowledge Southall Travel, have given a very good service over a period of time to a lot of people with their trips to Goa, .I wondered why you had posted this on the Goa forum, and not on the one for South Africa. it would have made a lot more sense.

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
3,107 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

We have used them many times and found them to be very good sorting out all internal (India) flights and very helpful with any changes we have had to make....with no extra cost either.

In fact they made doing the holiday arrangements much easier and got our internal flights cheaper than I could.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the forums, garethadavies!

I have moved your topic post here to the Air Travel forum from the Calangute forum where it will hopefully be more relevant and useful to the community.

Thank you for participating and sharing your experiences.

Best regards,

TA_Louise

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,978 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome GarethDavies, first poster and prolific goal scorer.

May I ask why it took so long for you to post the problem with Southall?

Whilst mistakes can be made this Travel agent has an excellent reputation & if it had been their error they would have corrected it without charge.

If it was your error because you did not recheck your booking then any agency or airline will charge you for your mistake.

Come to think of it - I cannot think why I am posting this because I doubt you will ever return.....

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,144 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I have used Southall Travel and found them to be excellent.

Jackie

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

I have moved your topic post here to the Air Travel forum from the Calangute forum where it will hopefully be more relevant and useful to the community

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Sorry, can't say that it is!

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

One assumes that you were given a copy of the itinerary you had booked at the time of booking it. Did you not check it?

9. Re: southall travel - avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2011, 08:16