We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bangkok airways

guwahati, Assam
Level Contributor
12 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
bangkok airways

not able to book tickets in their website, for BKK to HKT sector. The payable amount gets multiplied by 100 of the actual amount. When got in touch with them through reservations@bangkokair.com. They responded immediately and reserved the tickets, but I'm not able to check the booking reference, as provided by them in their website. When I contact them again, they asked me to provide them with my Credit Card Nos. and also the CVV security code Nos. Is it safe to provide them with my Credit Card details?????? Can they be trusted????

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
43,239 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bangkok airways

Bankok Airways is a respected and, usually, reliable operator. It is a full service rather than LCC airline with prices on the BKK to HKT route being comparable with Thai airways as opposed to Air Asia. If you are dealing with them direct then supplying your Credit card details should be ok.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
14,272 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bangkok airways

It does not sound at all Kosher! Didn't they email you a confirmation to use as an e-ticket? I would proceed cautiously.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bangkok airways

I'd be happy to deal with Bangkok Airways - they are not a 'shonky' airline.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,978 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bangkok airways

Make sure you are booking through this site(by the sound of it you are)

http://www.bangkokair.com/

There are agencies that have set up similar looking sites for Asian airlines which include a hyphen in the web address.

Check the email address to the one on the website.

I have booked on line and paid on line with Bangkok Air with no problems and you receive an eticket email confirmation.

I would be happy to provide CC details by to the genuine airline-sometimes in Asia you get asked for a copy of both sides of the CC.

Great little boutique airline-lovely f&b and their own lounges at many airports.

Edited: 25 September 2010, 09:36
MaineUSA
Level Contributor
846 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bangkok airways

A tip about travelling with Bangkok Air especially traveling with a foreign carrier with a higher baggage allowance. Their normal baggage allowance is 20KG. However if you join their frequent flyer program you get another 10kg of allowance. It made a huge difference in our packing plans.

6. Re: bangkok airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2011, 05:22