We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates - what to do

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates - what to do

Hi Guys someone in the KL forum said I'd get more responses posting here so here goes:

I have quite a nice dilema!

I'm travelling for business in economy to KL in January and am travelling there by myself a few days early then coming back with colleageus. My choices are to depart Manchster at lunchtime and fly on the new A380 to Dubai then onwards not on the A380 and arrive at 2pm, enough time for a relax, dinner and bed. OR leave at 8pm not on A380 and connect with the 10am flight from Dubai ariving KL at 9pm, quick snack then bed.

Now the reason I'm considering the second option is we have done this leg before and the stewardess said that the Dubai - KL sector was "always empty", we had a row of 4 seats to ourselves, as did most people on the flight. I wonder if anyone can confirm that this sector USUALLY is not full, I know you can't predict how busy a plane wil be but have lots of others experienced the same thing with empty seats etc?

Also how is the A380 flight experience in economy, I've not heard much about it?

THanks

JO

London
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates - what to do

To answer part of your question, I have flown on the Emirates 380 and find it far preferable to the 777 they utilise at other times. In economy seat layout basically same as a 747 but probably bit quieter and feels less claustophobic than the Emirates 777 - Emirates have 10 abreast seats in 777 rather than 9 abreast utilised on most airlines.

What time of year did you fly the second leg before, as January will be peak time for Malaysia. I would think they wouldnt fly a route that was 'always empty'.

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,862 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates - what to do

Replied to your question on the Malaysia forum !

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates - what to do

Definitely not always empty. One dxb-kul flight heads on to Melbourne, so it is full of Australians coming home from Europe, or people visiting Australia. I flew kul-Mel in august, and was one of only a few who boarded in kul. The flight was packed with people who'd boarded in Dubai. Was on a 777, ek407 from memory, if that helps.

4. Re: Emirates - what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2011, 06:19