We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

I have a flight booked on AirAsia X for myself and a friend. My friend is now unable to travel on that date, so I have a couple of questions for which I can't find answers on AirAsia's website.

1. Is it possible to change the flight for one passenger on a combined booking. (I need to take the flight as booked, while my friend now has to fly at a later date)

2. If the above is not possible, I guess I will have to show up for the flight with the booking for two as it is (and my friend will need to make a new booking for another flight). So I'll be turning up without the second person named on the booking. Will I still be able to check in?

Many thanks

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Good luck dealing with Airasia with this one. Even when you do get an answer from them it may not be correct. Ensure whatever the outcome you get two separate reservations that way they can't deny boarding.

australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Hi Pete984,

We had a booking for 4 form MEL to KL return in Feb this year and my son couldn't make it at the last minute. I never contacted AIrAsia to tell them until we checked in at MEL airport. We told them he wasn't coming and asked if we could keep the seat since we had already paid for it. Initially they said we would lose it but in the end they told us we could keep it and we had the spare seat on the way to KL and also on the way back.

Maxrub

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
16,622 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Hi Pete

Have you tried the airasia web site? From memory there's a section there for 'contact us". I've never tried it, but it's worth a go. I've just been in and printed our boarding passes and noticed this section. Good luck with it.

cebu
Level Contributor
80 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Hi! You can change bookings as far as I know. Just go to the AA website, click manage your booking, enter booking info, then modify. You can modify flights per passenger.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
1,516 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

You can modify with charges but it becomes tricky because the one booking no has 2 persons. Dont think it can be done.

Tommo

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Try asking AA if they can seperate your booking onto two seperate booking numbers and work from there.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,763 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

I think you might be able to change it on the 'modify my booking' -

to change a ticket you pay something like a $35 change fee plus the difference to the new ticket price.

if you feel unable to do so- use the online 'instant' chat button- i've used it a few times and they were able to help me with problems instantly- you may have to wait some time in a queue, but it is well worth it and quite easy.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Reply 6 is correct. You can ask them to split your booking to 2. So that you will get 2 booking numbers.

Then you can change the date for your friend's booking. But remember, the date change fee & the price difference you have to pay.

We did this 2 months ago. To split the booking you have to call Airasia call centre as they want do it via Live chat. After you split it, you can do the date change online via Manage my booking

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,213 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

goto airasai web site

a)then my flight

b)manage my flight

c)then change flight for the passenger affected

They will be a revised fee and charges for changes.

No problem if the affected person is not able to show up.

Edited: 13 October 2010, 10:38
Melbourne, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: AirAsia booking change - Booking for 2 - One cannot travel

Thanks for the responses. #8 is correct. Phoned the call centre who split the booking into two, and I am now able to change the flight for one person.