We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

air asia no longer point to point on some routes

australia
Level Contributor
800 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
air asia no longer point to point on some routes

Good to see that on some flights now you can book right through .

A good example is Gold Coast to Chengdu in China and at last look 337 dollars one way is a good fare and your luggage is booked right through .

The start of something good for travellers.

Cheers

Perth
Level Contributor
740 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: air asia no longer point to point on some routes

It's good news and someone brought the topic up when it first came out. We are hoping that they extend it to other routes and will make us feel more confident when there are connecting flights.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,455 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: air asia no longer point to point on some routes

Hi,

But as I've been told that "thru check" ability currently applies *only* to flights that are all on Air Asia X services and not between flights any of the other Air Asia subsidiaries-- like Thai Air Asia or Air Asia Berhad (Malaysian)..

So in the case of OOC departures, that would only be to Chengdu (CTU) or Hangzhou (HGH).. If you were going anywhere else aside from CTU or HGH, it would still be the traditional point-to-point model.

Perhaps that will come in time, but for now it's restricted to just D7 services..

Travel Safe,

Antipodes
Level Contributor
9,919 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: air asia no longer point to point on some routes

One other exception is onward flights to/from Stansted (to/from OOL).

Air Asia always seem to be on the improve.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: air asia no longer point to point on some routes

Fourb2 does this mean that if I fly into Kl from Gold Coast arriving 3pm and then fly out to Stansted the next day, I can book my luggage right through? Or, because it is next day flying I can't do that?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,455 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: air asia no longer point to point on some routes

Hi,

The way you can tell what's "connectible" or not is to look at their online booking engine.. If they show it as a connection then yes, you can, otherwise no, you can't...

To their credit, they've apparently set it up so that you can on 'see' what's a possible connection or not from your chosen point of origin.

In the case of OOL origin, it only shows Chengdu (CTU) and Hangzhou (HGH) as being valid connections with protection and thru checking status.

From STN they only show PER and MEL as being valid protected connections..

Travel Safe,

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,353 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: air asia no longer point to point on some routes

Thanks GOPBI - fully helpful as per usual

7. Re: air asia no longer point to point on some routes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 April 2011, 05:16