We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question re seat maps on a BA 777

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Question re seat maps on a BA 777

I'm shortly flying from Heathrow to Las Vegas direct with BA and looking to make sure I get the best seat possible (Obviously!). I'm aware of the long lines at immigration so looking to disembark the plane ASAP so my question is, where should I be looking to sit? I'm not rich or flashy enough to go Premium Economy or Business class, so having to slum it in economy. Judging from the seat map here britishairways.com/travel/worldt/public/en_gb

it would I need to be looking for either row 16 or 26, but I don't know which exit they disembark from (I'm guessing the don't exit from the rear). Anyone know?

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

Door used will usually be just behind row 4 or 5 (depending on which 777 is being used), speedy egress is your priority, sit as close to the front as possible. Personally, though, unless I was in a real rush at the other end, I would put more value on securing a seat which I preferred for comfort reasons for a 10 hour flight.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,341 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

Hi,

I took a quick look at the LAS airport layout-- specifically T2 where all non pre-cleared international flights park.. and did a "zoom-in" on the LAS airport ramp on Google Earth... based on the jet bridge orientation (they're all single door access models) and the stop line placement for the aircraft, it *appears* that they'd use door 2L and not 1L on the 744 and 772/773..

Travel Safe,

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

You might be first off your aircraft, but who's to say how many others will arrive just before yours. I always find that the shorter the time I spend in the immigration queue, the longer I spend waiting for my bag and vice versa..........

Bristol
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

I flew to LV a fair few years ago (about 8 actually) and whilst I cannot remember where I sat in economy I do recall the arrivals terminal being absolutely full to the brim when we got there. There were small escalators going down to the immigration area and people were going down these but the queues we so long they couldn't get off them at the end!! Queued for what seemed like an eternity in a very warm area (few days after christmas day) and was rather unpleasant. That said, it was worth it for the trip.

True is I cannot remember what terminal we fly into, or many details if I'm honest, other than the fact it was very busy going through immigration.

I guess there is a very good chance it could have changed since then mind so probably all irrelevant!!

Cholsey, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

I'm on this flight with my mum next month - I did some research on wait times for immigration and customs at the time the flight gets in (7pm ish) and the wait time is typically around 18 minutes at that time of night. This flight is probably the only flight coming in then from the looks of numbers.

Check the site to see for averages http://apps.cbp.gov/awt/

I've booked row 17 B and C outbound and H and J inbound .. these are pretty close to the front of economy, and also C and H appear to have the added benefit of no seat in front. We did pay to be able to choose our seats and did this back in March when i booked the trip.

Hope this helps :)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

Helps loads vegasheids! That website shows me that basically the wait is not going to be anywhere near as long as I expected! Might even see you on the flight, we're going 16th-23rd :D

Cholsey, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

I'll be on the plane that takes you home! I'll try not to leave too much of a mess :)

Glad the site was of use :)

8. Re: Question re seat maps on a BA 777

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2011, 06:18