We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

Jaca, Aragon, Spain
Level Contributor
23 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

I scanned through your requests in this forum and it keeps coming up.... Please add Airline or Transportation to the choice of Reviews. It is desperately needed. The companies providing the service would benefit and improve services if there were more direct feedback. Aside from that it is an extremely important aspect of travel, and has perhaps the greatest influence on safety of travelers. Your affiliated / sister site on air travel SeatGuru is totally focused on seating and comfort in the aircraft. What we need is information on airports & hubs, safety, delays and communication by airline staff, problem solving and general helpfulness (or not) when there are problems. We need airlines/ charter companies/ airports / pilots and other airline staff to be more sensitive to the service they provide, and we need to make the traveler more able to make choices based on this information.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
754 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

I think you should suggest that in the "Help us make TripAdvisor better" forum.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12104-Help_us_…

Jaca, Aragon, Spain
Level Contributor
23 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

Okay ... thanks... and I have copied it to that forum!! I notice this request has arisen a few times already.

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

And there are other options eg www.airlinequality.com

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

Unfortunately SKYTRAX is not 100% trustworthy. They edit reviews.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,069 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

Just one example of why there should not be airline reviews:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k4020302…

Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

half brit - I have to disagree. If there is a special forum for the ranters to vent their spleen then this forum can revert to a more rational space......

Jaca, Aragon, Spain
Level Contributor
23 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

There is no way to stop emotional reviews on hotels or anything else... It is easy to deduce that the person who reviewed United Airlines (linked to in the earlier comment) is not very objective, and I would take their advice with a big pinch of salt... As in any other reviews they are really only opinions, and the reader has to decide what to believe. However that doesn't make it useless. I almost never book a hotel room these days without checking the reviews. I check how many reviews have been written, and look at the rating. I read the most recent, and sometimes the best, and sometimes also the worst, to get an idea.

It seems to me that having reviews on train, bus and air travel would be useful. Not just to us users, but to the providers too.

Edited: 02 November 2010, 15:47
Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,069 posts
1,080 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

LOL Numbat, there is that! But the OP is suggesting "reviews", not a forum...

I fail to see how reviews on airlines that would most likely be *all* negative --

"missed my flight because I was stuck in traffic and they didn't hold the plane even though I told them I'd be late!" --

would be useful to any airline?

By the way, I did not make that above example up ;-)

Edited: 02 November 2010, 18:41
Nannup, Australia
Level Contributor
3,652 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

I take your point half brit and I'm pleased to see that there have been a few positive posts on airlines in recent days.

Jaca, Aragon, Spain
Level Contributor
23 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please add airline or transportation to the Review options

Issue solved as there is a website that does precisely this http://www.airlinequality.com/