We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fly Niki - 40min connection time

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Fly Niki - 40min connection time

A question for the travel agents (and experienced Niki flyers) out there.

I'm wanting to fly one way from Bucharest to Moscow in May 2011. There are no direct flights on this sector on any airline, and the cheapest and most appealing option is Fly Niki via Vienna for approx US$160 compared to $300 plus on Finn Air and Malev.

Using the Fly Niki website, I am able to purchase a ticket that has only a 40min connection in Vienna.

Dep Bucharest - 10:05

Arr Vienna - 10:30

Dep Vienna - 11:10

Arr Moscow - 15:45

My question is - will 40mins be enough? Would Fly Niki assist me if the flight from Bucharest was delayed? Being an experienced traveller, I know most airlines wouldn't - but then most airline websites would either get you to book each flight seperately, and then put the responsiblity on you to ensure you had long enough to connect flights - or give you more options with longer layovers (if they had more than one flight a day to Moscow, which Fly Niki doesn't).

I'm keen to book - but I don't want to waste my money if I end up being delayed and have to fork out more cash if I'm stuck in Vienna with only one flight a day on Fly Niki, or wait 24 hours for the next flight.

Stuttgart, Germany
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
7,392 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fly Niki - 40min connection time

Maybe you should look and see how often the first flight gets delayed.

I doubt that Niki will do more for you than put you on next available flight if the worst happens. If arrival and departure gates are next to eachother with no security between then you might be ok. Have you tried asking on the Vienna forum for details?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fly Niki - 40min connection time

It's got an on time performance of 72%, with an average delay of 20mins (according to Flight Stats)

yeah...the vienna forum might be the go

3. Re: Fly Niki - 40min connection time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 May 2011, 06:30