We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well done BA (probably) - Gatwick closure rebooked

Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Well done BA (probably) - Gatwick closure rebooked

Maybe I have low expectations, but every so often there is the odd flash of efficiency that deserves a mention:

By now we ought to have been getting off a plane in Barbados for a week (flight and hotel through BA.com - so a "package"). Gatwick Airport decided otherwise (the wrong type of snow for the past few days) so we headed home from Sussex planning to check our travel insurance and the associated EU and international flight cancellation legislation.

Admittedly we couldn't get through to BA by phone this morning but we could tell from the internet that we had limited chance of getting to Barbados this week. It took a few minutes on hold to speak to somebody at BA this afternoon. She was polite and efficient, explaining what she could/couldn't do with regards rebooking a flight and gave me the DIRECT LINE of the person who would check our accommodation. He too was a pleasure to deal with. Each staff member warned us of likely time delays - i.e. managed our expectations.

Yes, maybe we are in the rare situation that we can easily flex our holiday but we are rebooked at no extra cost in a matter of hours ( we bought our original holiday in the BA sale, choosing a cheap week, so are quite chuffed).

Of course, we'll need to travel, but well done BA customer service!!

(Perhaps I ought to mention that, last time I travelled BA in 2006 they had to courier my luggage from J'Burg to deepest Zambiaand that took ages to negotiate!).

Will keep you posted

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,036 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well done BA (probably) - Gatwick closure rebooked

nice to hear when something works out

England, United...
Level Contributor
14,481 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well done BA (probably) - Gatwick closure rebooked

BA Holidays were brilliant with us earlier this year when the Ash Cloud fiasco cancelled our trip to Grenada. They re-booked us for 3 weeks later ( we can be very flexible about our holidays) and they absorbed the increase in costs which was several hundred Pounds. Nice to hear good news for a change. No airline is perfect, but at least BA do manage your expectations well.

3. Re: Well done BA (probably) - Gatwick closure rebooked

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2011, 05:16