We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montreal-Athens airtransat summer 2011 ticket prices.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Montreal-Athens airtransat summer 2011 ticket prices.

Looking for price ideas for Montreal - Athens summer of 2011. 2 adults leaving late May with flexible dates. Our son who is 16 and a student will leave around 20 the of June but comes back with us on the flight home. Again, times are flexible both legs of the trip.

Air-Transat has a promotion in the Montreal Gazette for direct

flights to Athens for the summer of 2011. The price is around $900 all in. Local travel agents have given a price of $1160 with air transat and I want to try for something cheaper with Air-Transat. We want a direct flight. When I input the approximate dates we want to go on the airtransat site, I get a price of $1315 all in. We don't know what's going on.

Is there a way that we don't know about to secure the $900 promotional price that is featured in the paper? there are 3 of us going and we are going for 2 months so whatever money we can save will go a long way towards making this a very special trip.

Thanking you in advance for any and all help you might offer.

J&R

Please let us know if you can do something.

J&R

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montreal-Athens airtransat summer 2011 ticket prices.

Hello Roro,

Your answer might be in your travel days. You will be traveling in peak season, so the price might reflect that you will be traveling back in late July. Flights will be more expensive then.

Check to see if Olympic Airways has nonstop flights to Athens. Might be your cheapest bet and your only other nonstop choice.

If they do not you probably will have to book with either Lufthansa or KLM. Those flights will stopover in Munich or Amsterdam.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montreal-Athens airtransat summer 2011 ticket prices.

Hello Roro,

Your answer might be in your travel days. You will be traveling in peak season, so the price might reflect that you will be traveling back in late July. Flights will be more expensive then.

Check to see if Olympic Airways has nonstop flights to Athens. Might be your cheapest bet and your only other nonstop choice.

If they do not you probably will have to book with either Lufthansa or KLM. Those flights will stopover in Munich or Amsterdam.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Montreal-Athens airtransat summer 2011 ticket prices.

Hello again,

Just did a quick search on air transats website and a flight from May 22- July 13 was $1011. Departing Athens on July 18 was $1061.

Those are very good prices and I wouldn't hesitate too long before buying them. Especially considering it is a direct flight.

Chris

PS Where in else in Greece are you planning on going? Might be able to give you some help as that is where my family is from.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
22 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Montreal-Athens airtransat summer 2011 ticket prices.

Thanks, chrismakris for your help.

We will spend a couple of days in Athens at the beginning and the end of our trip. We have been to Greece many times but this is the first time for our son. My wife and I will go to a couple of islands or better yet, if we see a place that we like, we might just stay for the duration if the price is right. Our first island stop is Milos, we don't know why we picked Milos, we just did!

Thanks for the tickets info, we will be keeping our eyes open.for the best prices. Thanks again for your help.

John

5. Re: Montreal-Athens airtransat summer 2011 ticket prices.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2011, 06:17