We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earlybird flights with Emirates

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Earlybird flights with Emirates

I have missed the early bird flights with Emirates. I wish to book a fare for my mother from Melbourne to Glasgow (she is 80, so don't want to muck around with flights to London, I wish to go Melb-Dubai-Glasgow). Does anyone know if cheap flights will be available again in the earlier part of 2011 please

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

bestflights.com.au/cheap-flights/…107007

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

We don't have a crystal ball, unfortunately. It's anyone's guess as to when (and if) the next sale will be.

However, a direct flight MEL-LHR on Qantas (albeit a loooong flight) then on BA to Glasgow (they are Oneworld alliance members so you could get this on the same ticket) could work. Still only one stop, like Emirates. Or do you mean you don't want her to go through Heathrow Airport? Never been there myself so don't know how easy it is to transfer through.

If your dates are flexible, you could try Skyscanner.net -- this site lets you check fares for a whole month (even a whole year) to find cheapest dates.

Good luck in your search.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

Thanks for your info. Will check out the website as you suggested. Marie

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

I second best flights if you are departing from Aus - they've usually got the cheapest flights around.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

You can check Emirates special fares here:

emirates.com/au/…special_fares.aspx

Or sign up to receive email with Special Offers, Special Fares here:

emirates.com/au/…subscribe_to_offers.aspx

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,665 posts
1,968 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

While I do not recommend QANTAS either, one thing to bear in mind with Emirates is that typically this airline squeezes 10 passengers across in economy not the nine that Siongapore Airlines and many others still only have.

The difference is noticeable on a flight of more than three hours. Both the seats and the aisles are noticeably narrower.

As the racing fanatics say of a poor performer 'look elsewhere.'

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,204 posts
1,632 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

These days Emirates are one of the better airlines about with a modern fleet. The Boeings have the 3-4-3 formation which is rather typical of that type of plane whilst the Airbus has the 2-4-2 formation.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

victorianlad is right. emirates have a 3-4-3 config on their 777's which predominantly fly the australian route. for most other airlines it's 3-3-3.

so the seats on this aircraft are narrower....by a couple of inches i think.

UK
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

The seats on emirates 777's are actually almost the same as other airlines,it's the aisle that is narrower.Also bare in mind that a lot of airlines are moving to 3-4-3 seating on their 777's in the near future.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Earlybird flights with Emirates

emirates economy seat width 773 =16-17" in 3x4x 3 config

singapore airlines economy seat width 773=19" in 3x3x3 config