We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AirBerlin

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
399 reviews
Save Topic
AirBerlin

Anyone have any recent opinions of them? Specifically crossing the Atlantic in coach? I have tried to use Seatguru as well but I could not get the link to let me select a flight.

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: AirBerlin

Any luck with this flight? I'm considering booking from JFK to DUS, please let me know! TX

Lake George, New...
Destination Expert
for Lake George, Lake George
Level Contributor
2,150 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AirBerlin

I have decided to pass on Air Berlin. They have limitations based on some things I read here on TA and elsewhere - including limited flights (what if there is a delay??) and some questions as to service in flight and room in the seats.

G31
Minden, Germany
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AirBerlin

Air Berlin is a nice airline for flying within Europe. Their transatlantic flights however aren't that great (smaller seats, qiuestionable service), so might be worth looking at some other airlines.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,714 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AirBerlin

My friend flew this route last June and had no problems. The only thing she said was that she had to buy headphones to be able to use the entertainment.

New York City, New...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: AirBerlin

thanks, everyone. I'm afraid if the flight is late or cancelled i will miss my connection (only 2 flights per week) so I think i might have to pass this time around.

Chapala, Mexico
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AirBerlin

I flew from Berlin to Cancun via Munich last year on Air Berlin. The service was excellent. Even the food was good. I had 4 cats in the cargo hold. They took excellent care of my cats and the cats arrived in fine shape. It's my favorite airline.

Birmingham, Alabama
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: AirBerlin

I would avoid Air Berlin for any flights that they don't let you use a web check in service (this includes transatlantic to the USA and Canada). My wife and I have a connection through Dusseldorf and after many communications there still appears to be no way to reserve seats or check in without doing it in the airport. Their communications are completely unhelpful. I hope my wife and I get to sit together. But I won't be using this company for any travel in the future.

Manchester
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AirBerlin

This is a good value airline in both classes. I would therefore recommend that you eventually spend little bit more and experience an amazing transatlantic flight. The new business class seats are top comfortable (reclining 150°) and the food is delicious. Friendly ground staff and efficient cabin crew. Value for money OK. Would recommend this airline, experienced from Berlin to Phuket in spring 2012. You have some quite outdated reviews here (www.flatseats.com/Reviews/airberlin.htm), plus a complete and recent review here (travelfirst.com/pays3/airberlin/airberlin_bu…) and plenty of shootings in Youtube (http://youtu.be/xrYy_Eg9t9U).

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AirBerlin

that isn't true yes you can reserve seats web checkin even select your meal in their homepage www.airberlin.com...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: AirBerlin

I have a good experience of Air-Berlin. When I had to travel from Berlin to London-City for business proposes, I always prefer to Air-Berlin. Air-Berlin is best airline for travel in Europe.