We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Revised Ticket Policy due to East Coast Storm

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Revised Ticket Policy due to East Coast Storm

Just got this from US Airways, some of these cities have Travel Advisories through December 29th. It's a long list, make sure You read to the bottom.

Travel Advisory for that East Coast Storm, Cities Affected, and Revised Ticket Policy

…usairways.com/TravelCenter/Advisories.aspx

Hoping that no TA'ers flights to Vegas got screwed up due to the Storm, and hoping other Airlines put out the same Travel Advisory including Revised Ticket Policies.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Revised Ticket Policy due to East Coast Storm

CNN reported on tonight's news that over 10,000 flights have been cancelled due to the East Coast Blizzard, and now there's a huge backlog of stranded passengers who might not get out until Friday!

When I travelled to New Orleans on US Air and was to return on Dec 12, our flight was cancelled and it was a 6 hour delay before they got a plane in from Savannah, Ga to get us back to Charlotte, NC. I guess our plane was coming in from Washington, DC and they were locked down then from a snowstorm in the northeast. That was a baby snowstorm compared to this monster storm.

The weather was fine at our departure airport and our home airport but the backlog in the NorthEast created problems all over the country.

If You're flying from anywhere to anywhere before Friday, check your flight first to make sure this backlog is not going to affect you. Heads Up!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Revised Ticket Policy due to East Coast Storm

I saw this on the news yesterday morning, the morning we were flying home, and I flipped out and started calling airtran to make sure ours wasn't affected. Gosh, I don't even know how I would react if that happened to me.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
731 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Revised Ticket Policy due to East Coast Storm

Hi all,

I just wanted to pop in and mention that we have moved this topic here to the Air Travel forum as it was not specifically related to Las Vegas. Hopefully those traveling to/from other destinations on this airline will see this information. Thanks again for posting, CarolinaSunny!

Best regards,

Louise

TripAdvisor Support Team

4. Re: Revised Ticket Policy due to East Coast Storm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 06:24