We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airparks Gatwick North parking

worlddivingtraveller
Level Contributor
46 posts
181 reviews
Save Topic
Airparks Gatwick North parking

simple DO NOT BOTHER !

drive to Off site parking 15-20 mins

wait in long que to check 15-20mins (miserable staff)

get on bus, wait another 20mins for next depatrure

(and freezing cold, the driver would not run the engine!)

drive to terminal another 15 mins

WALK another 10 mins in the rain; a fair way, bus does NOT stop outside the arrival door (unlike all the other operators)

Over One and a Half HOURS !

not worth the effort, no wonder previous operator (former BCP) Gave up!

PARK ELSEWHERE, you could FLY quicker, and the staff are ALL miserable at check in !

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
41. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

Yes this may be true BUT if things like damage to your vehicle occurs....You will soon change your tune. THEY DO NOT CARE AT ALL ABOUT THE CUSTOMER. Anyway good luck to you.

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
17 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

Five fabulous freebies from Airparks Gatwick - that you may not want.

1) Paintwork protection – while in their care, Airparks will cover your car with sticky mud from sills to door handle.

2) Hitchcock quality mystery – the company will refuse to divulge how and why your car got so filthy when entrusted to them, no matter how much correspondence you send them.

3) Real-time entertainment – play “where is my car” when you collect it. After the teasing delay of it not being ready to hand, hunt the dark pound until it is located in an unlit corner.

4) Interactive role-play – be severely scolded by authoritarian Airparks for childishly whinging about your flight delays, the baggage hold up, the lengthy wait for an Airparks shuttle bus, a three customer queue with cars not available, your urgency to be home precluding a bonnet to bumper inspection of your car and not wanting, at that hour, to report anything, fearing lengthy negotiations then arbitration, at the end of which you know Airparks will ultimately deny responsibility.

5) Long-term care – Airparks will offer to leave the mud on your car until you book again taking up their valet option.

Lancing, United...
1 post
Save Reply
43. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

Airparks, Gatwick is awful. I called 20 minutes before arriving at the South terminal as instructed then had to wait another 20 minutes before they arrived. After a 12 hour flight delay in Geneva airport for an hours flight I called as instructed and then stood outside at 11.30 pm for 45 minutes until the car appeared. Never again!

Sussex
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

We parked at Airparks Gatwick (now owned by Purple Parking) for two weeks in January 2014. We returned from India after a 20 hour journey, on a cold and wet Sunday evening. The parking bays were unclearly marked, and it took us ages to find our car, which had over a centimetre of water in all four footwells. As I was ill, and we had a four year-old child with us, we didn't report the fact that the car was flooded at the time. I know we should have, but I was very ill, and needed to get home ASAP. I reported the damage the following morning, as my car became un-driveable due to water penetration of the electrics. It cost £937.10 to repair the car, and a Blackberry worth over £400 was damaged beyond repair by water. Purple Parking' refused to take responsibility for the damage, claiming that I'm a liar. If you want to be treated honestly and fairly, DON'T PARK AT AIRPARKS GATWICK, OR ANY PURPLE PARKING FACILITY!

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
454 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

simple DO NOT BOTHER !

drive to Off site parking 15-20 mins

wait in long que to check 15-20mins (miserable staff)

get on bus, wait another 20mins for next depatrure

(and freezing cold, the driver would not run the engine!)

drive to terminal another 15 mins

WALK another 10 mins in the rain; a fair way, bus does NOT stop outside the arrival door (unlike all the other operators)

Over One and a Half HOURS !

not worth the effort, no wonder previous operator (former BCP) Gave up!

PARK ELSEWHERE, you could FLY quicker, and the staff are ALL miserable at check in !

I can not agree more - this is my experience down to a tee - except that the first bus was full and we had to wait another 20 minutes for a bus that had space. Some passengers were really concerned that this would mean they missed their flights.

Not worth the bother - would rather walk.

Southampton, England
Level Contributor
3,841 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

I been using this company for years at Gatwick , Cophall. Good rates and very good service. I really do recommend them

http://www.cophallparkinggatwick.co.uk/

Edited: 09 March 2014, 07:37
Peterborough...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
47. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

Picked my car up at midnight last night and noticed this morning that the drivers door is covered in scratches and dents. Airparks claim no responsibility as it wasnt reported before i left the site (bearing in mind it was pitch black and i had spent the entire day travelling). I was a returning customer but after this experience i wouldnt park a pushbike there!!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
48. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

This company is a farce. Not only was my booking not 'on file' when I arrived - necessitating me to spend a considerable amount of extra time getting the car checked in - but I also discovered a large dent and scrapes above the rear right tyre the day after I picked up my vehicle.

As I didn't notice the damage when I picked up the vehicle (late evening, in the dark), there is no legal recourse for me. All I can do is warn others not to use this dreadful company. Needless to say, I would not recommend them under any circumstances.

Canterbury, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
49. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

would not use this car park again, on picking up the car it was absolutely filthy, had been parked under trees so was full of bird mess and leaves stuck to the car. I complained and they did jet spray off the muck but this should have been done before I collected the car.

Cambridge
Level Contributor
2 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Airparks Gatwick North parking

Also had a bad experience. Picked up car to find that the stereo unit would not work but required the security code to be entered indicating that at some point the battery had been disconnected. I telephoned one of your receptionists to ask for an explanation. I was given some ridiculous story about a flat battery caused by electrical interference from the aircraft and that the car had required to be jump started to move it to the collection area. Notwithstanding the absurdity of suggesting that aircraft can discharge a battery, if the car had been jump started to simply move it 100m, then the battery would still have been flat when we collected it. The car had certainly not been driven any distance to fully charge the battery and it stared first time when we collected it. The car had an MOT two days later and the garage found no fault with the battery. I suspect that the staff used our car battery to jump-start another car and this caused the problem.

Also, the transfer from the airport to the car park took forever. Waited 20 min for the bus to appear (in that time other car parks had 2 buses arrive)and then the bus whent from North terminal to Sounth terminal to dropp off departing passengers before heading to the car park. A 10 min journey took 30 minutes. They need more buses.