We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Where do I start? Really, it was all a HORRIBLE+AWFUL Experience

None of the Employees at CHENNAI Airport understand the meaning of Customer Service. They all need some training. It was a really bad Experience, Dont recommend this Airlines at all. We were travelling with Family and the flight was delayed and we were treated really badly at Chennai. They were making us hurry and run all over the Airport when they were at FAULT. Well, I would have cooperated and not complained if they were at least nice about the whole delay which was their mistake. I should have gotten some names and complained. This Girl in particular at Chennai Airport was just HORRIBLY RUDE.

India is mis-represented and put to shame because of such BAD Airlines like SpiceJet. I hope the management takes some action.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

@gotsum,

you are getting rude at Deepa. She has made positive contribution in many forum topics of TA.

My experience with Spicejet was good. I flew with them sometimes though i am a regular customer of Kingfisher.

No way i say that what they did to you is right. i am just saying that when compared to all airlines in India, Spicejet is a decent one. Sorry for your bad experience.

Just try Air India, experience the flight delay and response from their staff. Then you will start loving spicejet.

Boston...
1 post
Save Reply
12. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Spice jet staff are not only rude, they are inefficient too, this is based on my experience with them at Kolkata, Mumbai and Cochin, this airline will surely go down in future, no doubts

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
854 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Hi,

Sorry that you had a bad experience with Spicejet staff. However, I never experienced a rude behavior from Spice jet staff. I have seen that Spicejet dealings at Delhi and Bangalore to be wonderful. Spicejet airline has been providing good service over many years. Sometimes rude behavior of one of the staff can bring bad name to a good service provider.

Appreciate for bringing out the issue and hope that the authorities will take necessary corrective action.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

i had a similar experience long time back when the HAL airport was operational in Bangalore. i was travelling in a budget airlines.most of the flights were delayed due to early morning fog . i saw staffs of premium airlines immediately gather all their passengers and blocked each and every kiosk and outlet within the airport for their passengers . the outlets served fast food and beverages to them only just that you had to show your boarding pass . and i like all other budget airlines passengers was waiting for an announcement to tell us that the delay was over.

the premium airlines staff stayed with their passengers in turns , till the delay actually got over. i am sure it was an amazing service provided. but i wasn't looking for a good service , i was actually looking to fly for 2 hrs which would have taken 26-28 hrs by train . but this doesn't mean , that the staff step on my toes and behave rudely and i am going to leave them without a grievance cell escalation .

i guess it boils down to the same point ...how much should we expect from the budget/economy airlines . pro actively misbehaving with the passengers is a nuisance and cant be tolerated .

Edited: 23 May 2012, 10:12
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

I am a regular Spicejetter and only have good things to tell about them. At times, as mentioned above, we have a difference between full service and low cost carriers. With LCCs, we can only look at traveling from point to point by air like the Sleeper Class in the trains and nothing much. But, luckily in India, LCC atleast give us water whereas some LCCs in Thailand and Malaysia even do not do that. I think this boils down to our expectations than what is in offer. But I do not disagree with the experiences described above, as I have also been a victim to it on a few occassions.

Edited: 23 May 2012, 12:47
Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Bottom-line for me...

Good for People who have had good experiences...Trust me...I am always glad when a Indian Company is thinking global and doing something right...

For the People who keep saying "You cannot expect much from a Budget Airline..." :

I DON'T EXPECT Anything...But by calling them Budget Airlines and Justifying their RUDE/OUT OF LINE/YELLING and BAD behavior...you all are justifying BAD practices. Being a Budget Airline...Smaller planes, no in-plane service, flight delays, re-scheduling mess...ALL of this is justified and accepted....BUT RUDE, BAD, YELLING Staff...please don't put it on Budget Airlines....TALK PROPERLY to the CUSTOMER....how hard is that...Good Mannered staff doesn't cost anything extra from their LOW BUDGET....It is just a culture to promote within your Business....

Bad Manners should be called out. And justifying bad behavior should not be the norm....

Market Bosworth...
Level Contributor
1,731 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

<<Bad Manners should be called out.>> I could not agree more and your post number 7 suggesting that Deepa who shared her positive experiences was only doing so as she had a vested interest is the hight of bad manners imho.

Not everyone will agree with you and that is their right without risk of a slur on why they are posting.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

This is a link to a previous report about my sole experience with Spicejet. After that, I have been wary of booking any Spicejet flight - especially to Kochi, but am willing to give them another chance.

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g304554-i4228-k4134…

Just for clarification - I am only sharing my experience - not devaluing anyone else's.

Austin TX
Level Contributor
121 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Emma, you are right, I am sorry for being out of line.

Civitavecchia, Italy
Level Contributor
100 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: SpiceJet Airline - HORRIBLE Airlines - RUDE Staff

Ciao volevo sapere se è obbligatorio fare il check in on line per volare con jet airwais?