We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drop off luggage

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Drop off luggage

Anyone know whether, having checked in online and printed boarding pass, we can drop off luggage at LAX (Virgin Atlantic flight to LHR) and leave the ariport for a few hours,returning in time for our flight.

Thanks....................

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
823 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drop off luggage

I'm fairly certain you'd only be able to do this if check-in for that flight was officially open, regardless of whether you'd checked in online. For most airlines that's 3-4 hours before departure. I'd check your documentation or the Virgin Atlantic website to be sure.

If you are transitting in LAX and your luggage is interlined then it would be a different story.

There are no luggage storage facilities at LAX. There are companies that offer an offsite baggage storage service that varies in prices.

http://laxluggagestorage.com/ is one of them.

Edited: 19 January 2011, 07:23
UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Drop off luggage

Thanks for that - it's just round the corner from where we drop our car off -

so looks the best plan.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,019 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Drop off luggage

Given it is an outstation VS probably don't open their desks up more than three hours or so before departure.

UK
Level Contributor
52 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Drop off luggage

thanks for that as well - I think store luggage and then get to desk around 6pm should be the answer.

5. Re: Drop off luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2012, 06:18