We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Optiontown.com

australia
Level Contributor
564 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Optiontown.com

Hi

Have any TA members used this service to upgrade to"Business" on Air Asia and if so how many days prior to the flight did you receive notification? Is this service worth the money?

Thanks

JT

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,832 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Optiontown.com

Have a look at this link to the Kuala Lumpur Forum where there are loads of comments and information tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k4…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,264 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Optiontown.com

I was lucky enough to get upgraded on an AirAsiaX flight from KL back to the Gold Coast 2 weeks ago.

I knew that I didn't have a chance on my flight over, because I had checked the week before and there were no premium seats available (sold I assume).

Since I was enjoying KL so much, I didn't even think about the upgrade on the overnight return flight. It wasn't until after I checked in at the airport and looked at my boarding pass that I saw that my seat was in Row 2. It was certainly a great way to finish my holiday.

On my return home, I had an email in my inbox from Optiontown advising me of the upgrade. It had been sent 8 hours before my KL departure time.

Perth
Level Contributor
457 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Optiontown.com

We are flying in a couple of days and have jsut had an email and the new intinary cost us $60 from Perth am very happy :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
214 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Optiontown.com

SAS also uses optiontown but it never worked for me.

Whangarei, New...
Level Contributor
762 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Optiontown.com

How about Malaysia air ? has anyone ever achieved an upgrade there ? Which other regional S.E.Asia airlines are members ?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
40,832 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Optiontown.com

Malaysian Airlines are now included in the list of participating airlines which is growing all the time.

For list click on the drop down at https://www.optiontown.com/home_page.do

australia
Level Contributor
564 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Optiontown.com

Regarding optiontown,

If I am unsuccessful at getting an upgrade - does optiontown also email the passenger and advise of that?

Thanks

J

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Optiontown.com

I have applied and paid for the upgrade on optiontown from melbourne to Malaysia. Has anyone recently been upgraded and can share their experience or if they were not upgraded, were you refunded within 5 days.

thanks

Jo

australia
Level Contributor
564 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Optiontown.com

Hi Jo

I flew on Air Asia from Perth - KL - Perth back in March and paid for the possibility of an upgrade but was not successful Yes, I did receive the refund within the 5 days as stated on optiontown website. I think the trick is to apply as early as possible before the flight - do not leave it to the last minute

Good luck

Jo

Perth WAust

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Optiontown.com

Hi Jo,

thanks so much for your info. For anyone else curious, before applying and paying for a possible upgrade. Just check on your chosen airlines website and see if there is actually the upgrade seats available to purchase for your chosen flight. If there are none available, I believe chances are that the pointy end of the plane is sold out. So, optiontown will have your money for a couple of week/months

only to have to refund you anyway. I will keep Trip Advisor posted once we go on our trip in July. I have already tried to booked the premium seats, but there are none available to purchase, so it will be interesting to see if we are indeed upgraded. Hard to know if the airlines lock out a certain number of seats for Optiontown, but it would be highly unlikely, why would they give up their premium seats at a fraction of the cost when they could onsell for the maximum. Food for thought. Thanks again Jo for your reply.

Cheers

jo