We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

Hi, I'm ready to book my dream holiday using oneworld.com

LHR-BOM-HKT--HKT-HKG-PEK-NRT-LAX-LAS-ORD-YYZ-JFK-LHR

Oneworld are cheaper than Star Alliance, which is great! Before I book, I just wanted to know if I should look elsewhere?? It's not going to be cheap!!!

Finally, is it really that simple to book a round the world flight on-line without interacting with ANY humans?? It seems like I'm possibly going to give a large amount of money to a website I only just found out about 3 weeks ago!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,619 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

Although I've not used them personally oneworld is an airline alliance which includes airlines such as BA, AA etc.

It is similar to Star Alliance albeit with different member airlines but it should be ok although I personally prefer to book diret with the airline I;m travelling with.

Whenever I intend to use an online site i've never used before I always find a reason to give them a call to judge the level of customer service.

I assume you will be paying by credit card to get the protection this offers in case of any potential problems.

Enjoy your dream holiday

TomC

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

Hi, thanks for your response. yes I'll book by credit card, with a surcharge I'm sure!

BUT there is one problem I'm finding and that is oneworld doesn't have a telephone number its site! So I can't really check them out properly! Any ideas on what's best on checking them out? I've done a search online and there are hardly any reviews.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

if u feel more comfortable u can book your oneworld rtw with any of the oneworld member airlines, perhaps that used for your departure leg. u can also use a travel agent. just print out your itinerary and take it to them.

it is all a question of cost i suppose.

having said it may be just as well to take your itinerary to a round the world expert travel agency and see what they can do for comparison purposes.

i believe the following has a good reputation in the uk

http://www.trailfinders.com/

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

Since One Worls is an Alliance just like Star Alliance, they do not actually do any ticketing themselves. Ticketes are usually issued by the 1st carrier and that's who you would contact for any pre-trip issues. For any issues during your trip, you would contact the next carrier you are scheduled to fly on. See below link for further info.

oneworld.com/ow/air-travel-options/round-the…

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
5,890 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

You will need to tune up your itinerary - you're only allowed 4 segments in Asia and it looks like you have more than that. You have to connect in Hong Kong to get to HKT, hence you'd be flying BOM-HKG-HKT-HKG-PEK-NRT (5).

If bought online your ticket would be issued by British Airways as the first carrier. The online ticketing system at Oneworld is fairly straightforward.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,404 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

If you want to call BA to discuss your RTW adventure with them, you need not call the 0871 number. Call 0191 490 7901 and talk to an agent. Alternately, Trailfinders or STA Travel handle RTW bookings, could be worthwhile to have a chat with one or both.

Haarlem, The...
Level Contributor
1,593 posts
256 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

I booked my Rtw ticket through an agent. It's one world and it was a lot cheaper than what the one world site quoted me. All the same flights!! So I suggest you check with an agent. Good luck!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,660 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

Is it really that simple? Yes, it is.

But... try talking to the first airline that you will use first as they may be able to get you cheaper fares... an RTW fare isn't always cheapest if you have a limited number of fligts.

Herts, UK
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

I'm having to get a flight with air asia from Bangkok to Phuket so sectors wise I should be okay! Hope so anyway.

I'm going to call BA who will fly me from Lon > Bangkok to see if they can give me details of flights and confirm verbally... it will be nice to hear a voice before booking. I'm also going to call other agents to see if I can get the price down... STA and trailfinders.

If any of you know about luggage restrictions, please do let me know. From what I have read - all airlines are different and this will be a PAIN!! Thanks everyone... just want to get all of this booked now.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,646 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Oneworld.com reliable? Should I look elsewhere? Pls Help!

You'll have to wait until you get an itinerary before you can verify the luggage restrictions. I would suggest going with the policies of the most restrictive carrier. Luggage restrictions are always based on the rules of the operating carrier, even if on a code share.

For your BKK/HKT flights, if these are being booked as separate tickets, you might also want to look at Thai Airways and/or Bangkok Airways..