We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

Hi all,

Saw some earlier posts (from well over a year ago, when V-Aus first started) that gave me pause - for example that V Australia's seats are very uncomfortable "after 3-4 hours".

Wondering what current reviews would be - upsides, downsides?

Trying to choose between V-Aus and Air NZ for a Melbourne to LA trip in May..

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

I have flown with both of those airlines Oz to L.A. and return. Nothing wrong with V imo but I was also pleasantly surprised at how good Air NZwere also if you don't mind going through Aukland. V was direct.

Queensland Australia
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

I have also flown Oz to LAX with V Australia and I found the seat rather uncomfortable.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

we found the VA seats so uncomfortable (and caused on going problems for some months after) that we would never fly them again. all other aspects of the flights were however positive. informal discussions with VA management confirmed that seat comfort was a major complaint.

the downside of ANZ is the stop in auckland which adds a few hours to an already long flight.

despite old planes, ancient IFE, united's economy plus still rates high from a cost/comfort point of view.

Edited: 06 February 2011, 22:47
Australia
Level Contributor
533 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

Haven't flown Air NZ long haul but flew VAus MEL-LAX and certainly no complaints from us. We did go Premium Economy which gives you slightly wider seats but the big plus is the quicker check-in. We paid $2200 for PE which is probably what Air NZ would charge for Econ. so keep a look out for VA specials.

Cheers

sydney
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

We flew V Australia last year to Los Angeles and back to Sydney and didn't have a problem with the seats,although sitting in any economy seat for 14 hours is going to get uncomfortable! We loved the service on V australia and the food was ok too.

6. Re: Looking toV Australia to the US - comfort and other aspects?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 00:18