We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Change Cabin Baggage Size Check Before You Fly.

Gateshead, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Change Cabin Baggage Size Check Before You Fly.

Just a warning to travellers with Thomson Fly. Last year I booked a flight out to Cyprus travelling March this year and at the time checked the website for Cabin Baggage size it was 25 x 45 x 55cm I then went out to purchase some new cabin bags and luckily before actually buying any this year in the sales checked the website for Cabin Baggage size again only to find that they had changed the sizes to 20 x 40 x 55cm. Needless to say they have not informed me of the change and if I had not noticed and turned up at the airport would have been forced to put my bags in the hold, at a cost of course. Beware the rules change all the time and companies do not need to tell you, but will enforce the new ones even though you did not sign up to them.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,214 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomson Change Cabin Baggage Size Check Before You Fly.

Were they weighing and measuring hand luggage?

I know they've changed their checked luggage allowances, but you get the allowances that were applicable at time of booking. Maybe different for hand luggage sizes?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomson Change Cabin Baggage Size Check Before You Fly.

You are entitled to the weight and size of baggage at the time you booked your flight, no more no less. It is always worth copying the airline Ts and Cs at the time of booking for this reason. If you are charged extra subsequently due to so called oversized baggage you will receive these additional charges back in any small claims action you may decide to bring.

Asker, Norway
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomson Change Cabin Baggage Size Check Before You Fly.

That makes it the same as ryanairs limits.....

Probably why gadgetUK made the [url="http://goo.gl/DjSCt"] Cabin Max[/url] backpack bag, exactly this size!

I wonder if they are trying to 'standardize' cabin baggage?

Edited: 08 February 2011, 06:54
4. Re: Thomson Change Cabin Baggage Size Check Before You Fly.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2012, 03:17