We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just how bad are Aeroflot

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Just how bad are Aeroflot

At the moment flights to Hong Kong for October/November are about £600.

Aeroflot have a flight at less than £400.

Just how bad are they ?

185 replies to this topic
11. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 August 2011, 13:15
Edited: 25 August 2011, 13:15

12. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 August 2011, 13:15

13. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Removed on: 29 August 2011, 03:59

Kyiv
Level Contributor
21,670 posts
321 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Hi Animetta,

So you were on that unfortunate flight! My sympathies; it was in the news here in Ukraine.

But I agree with Marassa; having your post here is misleading.

But since the editing time has elapsed, may I suggest that you delete your post completely from this thread (click on Report inappropriate content button and choose “Remove my post” option in the drop-down menu).

You might wish to re-post it on this one, dedicated to Aerosvit on Ukraine forum tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294474-i3663-k506…

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

A couple of years ago, a young lady I knew had the choice between Aeroflot and another airlines, to Bangkok because of a saving of £60 she opted to use them, despite many other people warning the service was unreliable.

Going out was fine but coming back three months later, she was stuck in the terminal for three days waiting for the London flight, trapped in the transit area. On top of this there was no provisions made for accommodation or food, the twelve passengers were left to their own devices. Most of the staff there claimed not to understand English, but knew enough when it came to asking for money. She ended up having to sell her digital camera, MP3 and a few souvenirs just to get food to eat and sleeping in the transit area – great customer service.

So good luck with Aeroflot.

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

20+ years ago I did a tour around Russia and flew on 7 different flights with internal ones from 11 hours to 30 minutes. The long haul were good and the international ones the best.

When did an Aeroflot plane last crash ?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,884 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

In answer to your question Mr_Celllophane in September 2008. This is in no way indicative of the airline being unsafe in anyway as the crash was deemed to be pilot error and could have happened on pretty much any other airline.

I would have no qualms in flying on Aeroflot.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeroflot_Flight_821

Aus
Level Contributor
99 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Interesting.

I've just paid for a trip back to Blighty for my family from Australia, with Quantas/Aeroflot.

We paid $2000 less (for three of us) than the fare we originally considered with Emirates, and $1000 cheaper than Air China /Korea air. Considering this will be partially with Quantas, I think we’ve got a reasonable deal.

The whole Aeroflot & change in Moscow/Hong Kong adds to the journey, rather than detracts from its appeal. I'm rather looking forward to it all. I will feed back here in January, when we return.

BTW, people reviewing an airline, one which they have never flown on? How stupid is that? One can only presume it’s American reviewers sharing their “unique” perspectives on the rest of the world.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,884 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

"I've just paid for a trip back to Blighty for my family from Australia, with Quantas/Aeroflot. "

"BTW, people reviewing an airline, one which they have never flown on? How stupid is that? One can only presume it’s American reviewers sharing their “unique” perspectives on the rest of the world."

- - -

Not wanting to nitpic but the airline you are flying is QANTAS - without the U. Just thought I'd point it out, especially as you refer to other people's opinion of an airline as 'stupid'.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,021 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Like Mr Cellophane I too did a tour and used Aeroflot on all my flights without any problem or qualms.

Reply to: Just how bad are Aeroflot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted