We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just how bad are Aeroflot

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Just how bad are Aeroflot

At the moment flights to Hong Kong for October/November are about £600.

Aeroflot have a flight at less than £400.

Just how bad are they ?

177 replies to this topic
51. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 01:35

52. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 29 December 2012, 01:57

Mikkeli, Finland
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
53. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

I usually flew HEL-SVO-HAN and back every year with Aeroflot, and in general it was a very positive experience, and mostly coming from the price of the ticket.

HEL-SVO and back is a code-shared operated by Finnair, so there is nothing much to say or complain about it really.

In Moscow SVO, the only transfer counter might get an unusually long line (if several planes landed at the same time). The staff does their job, and depends on your luck, the person there might be someone very helpful and talkative, or someone with an attitude of steel, cold and blunt, but they all spoke adequate English.

SVO-HAN is a new Airbus, there is on board entertainment for each seat, quite good food in my opinion, but the leg room were simply not enough for me personally (I'm 1m90), so it gets hard to relax or sleep during the long flight. Only once, during my 3rd flight in this route, they used an older Boeing to replace the Airbus, there were only common screens for passengers, and the aircraft was old and dirty (a bit), but it does do the job for the cheap price comparing with other airlines.

I personally don't get the fuzz with the bad reputation on this airline. From what I heard, it has changed much for the better since the last decades, and as for my own experience, none of my flights crashed or has any technical problems so far, so I don't see any safety problems as well. But if you are not a poor student like me, maybe spending a couple of extra hundreds € for better service would be fine, but else there is no reason why you should not fly with Aeroflot.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

good review. thanks.

Sparks, Nevada
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Amen to that!! Yeah, I'm an American.......

Georgetown, Exuma...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
56. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Pls,does anyone know maybe aeroflot is connectiong to bahamas?Pls

Moscow, Russia
Level Contributor
10,845 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

> maybe aeroflot is connectiong to bahamas?

What does aeroflot.com say?

58. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 February 2013, 05:35
Edited: 13 February 2013, 05:35

Georgetown, Exuma...
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
59. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Not on there site but i think they should be going because of air cubana is in share code with aeroflot.............But am confused becos i like to you aeroflot,they are cheap at least that what i hear

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: Just how bad are Aeroflot

Mark, you can pick up a flight with Aeroflot from Miami.

Reply to: Just how bad are Aeroflot
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted