We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ryan air question

derby
Level Contributor
17 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
ryan air question

I am looking at booking ryan air flights on the booking page where you enter first name then surname there is no option for middle name. it does say the name must be the same as on the passport. so for example my wife's name is julie dawn on her passport do i just put in julie or julie dawn in the first name box.also what do they charge you for using your credit card. cheers for any help paul.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,098 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ryan air question

Just type as it is on the passport, type the middle name after the 1st name, I have done both with and without my middle name and never had a problem.

Card fees are 5 pound per person per flight sector, so for 2 of you it will be 20 pound. if you use a pre-paid mastercard such as FairFX there is no charge,

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ryan air question

I have never put a middle name when booking with Ryanair.

Travelling The World
Destination Expert
for Alghero
Level Contributor
14,650 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ryan air question

Do NOT type your middle name after your first name.

What Ryanair means is that the names they ask for (ie the first and last names) must be exactly as they appear in the passport. If you type your middle name after your first name, it will form part of your first name and you could have a problem. (Just because others haven't doesn't mean you won't.)

They do not ask for your middle name so you don't need to provide it.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ryan air question

Enter your first name and surname, they are not interested in any middle name(s).

They will charge you £5.00 per leg per person, ie £10.00 per return journey.

The only way there is no charge is if you pay by pre-paid Mastercard.

Park.

5. Re: ryan air question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 15:19