We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

United flight purchased on webjet.com question

Australia
Level Contributor
803 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
United flight purchased on webjet.com question

If I booked a UA flight on webjet.com from US to AUS would I get a PNR so that I could then purchase E+ seats via the UA website?

Would my flights be on the UA website under "my itinerary" when I log in using mileage plus member number? or is that only if I book directly with UA.

Not sure how this internet middleman booking site works.

(If the truth be told I would most probaly book direct with UA rather than a 3rd party to save a whole $65)

Thx

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

Before booking with Webjet, I suggest you try another Australian site: www.jetabroad.com - it's quite likely they'll have a lower priced fare. In either case you'll have a regular PNR.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

book thru the UA australia web site.they have a lowest price guarantee but i have never seen prices lower than their own.

unitedairlines.com.au/local/…

Australia
Level Contributor
803 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

I am booking for someone in the US to come here hence using webjet.com or united.com.

It surprised me to see that the same flights on united.com were about $15 cheaper than on united.com.au - after currency exchange (and I use a cc that has no international surcharges)

Lien, webjet.com are cheaper by $65 incl tax, booking fees than united.com for the same united flights all the way. Although I had forgotten about the price guarantee.

Hauraki2003 - jetabroad.com are dearer than united.

But my main question is if I book via 3rd party could I then go to the united website and purchase E+?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,590 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

I would always look to book direct with the airline as in my opinion this gives you access to all the services such as seat selection,online check in which may not be available when booked via a 3rd party.

It also offers better support, in my opinion, if there are any problems such as delayed flights etc. The potential problem with 3rd party sites is that could be stuck in the middle and a saving of $65 is not enough, in my view, to book with a 3rd party site.

Others would disagree saying go with the cheapest but cheapest isn't necessarily the best option.

TomC

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

I would also book directly with UA, but if you chose not to do so, you still will get the PNR for UA. You can access this itinerary, and select seats, using your MP number or the PNR. If E+ seats are available for purchase, I can't think of why you could not buy them, even if you bought the ticket from a third party.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
520 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

I've booked directly with UA for my daughter to go to Paris and was able to upgrade her seat to E+ with no problem.

Chiang Khong...
Level Contributor
4,933 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

HI

I have booked flights with a third party before. to get best flights and price

I always check the airline to make sure I am getting the best price and flights i want before i book

when I book thru third party i immediately go to the airlines web site and reconfirm everything as soon as I get the confirmation number from third party. and get signed up on airlines e-mail alerts .every time I have booked useing a third party I have gotten a confirmation e-mail with in mins.

with all the pertinate numbers I need to find my itnenery on the airlines web site.

Australia
Level Contributor
803 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

Thank you for replies - I will book direct with UA as $65 is not worth any potential problems with a 3rd party.

It is good to know though that the itinerary etc is still accessible through the UA website if I had booked with webjet.com. I think I was more surprised at seeing a 3rd party cheaper than UA direct for those flights.

(Still puzzles me though about the apparent difference between fares on UA.com vs UA.com.au)

9. Re: United flight purchased on webjet.com question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 18:16