We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tor air airlines

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
tor air airlines

I have just been informed by Olympic that my flight is no longer with Monarch but Tor Air who i have never heard off. Also im now on a night flight with 3 children when i had paid extra for a day flight with Monarch. When i spoke to Olympic Holidays they were very rude and basically said i had no choice as it was 9 hours difference and not the 12 hours. Has anyone got any suggestions please

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tor air airlines

Unfortunately unless the flight time is changed by more than 12 hours, the tour operator is under no obligation to let you cancel or amend. It is not classed as a significant change.

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: tor air airlines

Many thanks for your reply Have you heard of Tor Air?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tor air airlines

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k42141…

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: tor air airlines

I've just had a very similar experience to yourself - my flight was with Olympic/Monarch but then it was changed to Tor Air and the times have been changed TWICE with NO information from Olympic AT ALL!!!

Apparently, Tor Air are based in Sweden and currently have 4 x planes in their fleet - 3 x 737-300 and 1 x 737-400 all are newish craft and very comfortable.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,015 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: tor air airlines

"Apparently, Tor Air are based in Sweden and currently have 4 x planes in their fleet - 3 x 737-300 and 1 x 737-400 all are newish craft and very comfortable."

Not that new, the 737-400 is listed as 16.5 years old on Airfleets.net. The two 737-300 are not yet listed on airfleets website, but the last one came off the production line in 1999 so they are at least 12 years old. I do believe that they will have been refitted inside in the past few years so the interiors will look relatively new.

By no means does this make them old as they have plenty of service left in them yet.

Edited: 18 March 2011, 11:35
Stourbridge, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: tor air airlines

Our flight in august has been changed from Viking to torair not only that day and airport has changed from Manchester to gatwick ! Google phil wyatt remember excel ? He's back !

Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
9 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: tor air airlines

Tor air seem to be ex-Excel Airways and ex-Viking - go to the pilots forum on pprune for more info - I am not booking with them - I lost flights twice last year

Stourbridge, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: tor air airlines

Unfortunatley we know who they are but its either go with them or done go !!!! Ill take the risk

London, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: tor air airlines

hopefully someone will post soon who has actually flown with them this year to re assure us??

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
2,392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: tor air airlines

That might be difficult as the season hasn't begun yet. As for their other planes 2 are from Small Planet Airlines based in Lithuania and the other from B&H Airlines based in Bosnia and Herzegovina, should be fun!!!!

Edited: 04 April 2011, 19:38