We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airlines

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Airlines

Hi there

We are going from Heathrow - KUala Lumpur on MH3 and back on MH4 can anyone tell me what type of meal wil be served and at what times on the trip, I've found the movies but can't find meals and as I'm travelling with kids it will help to have an idea of whether to eat at airport or not.

Many thanks

Jo

London
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Not sure if meals will be the same, but I have travelled on MH3 last year. Not sure what you mean by times, but am assuming you are referring to serving times (?). Most airlines follow the same routine and serve meals a few hours after take off (3-4 at most) and usually 3hrs prior to landing (again at most). You will get a packet of peanuts prior to the meal to whet your appetite and a drink.

Choice was really good. I tried the 'english' version and it was good, but not wanting to face another heavy meal on my second leg, went for the 'malaysian' meal and it was VERY good.

You tend to get two choices - malaysian or 'western' style meal. Regardless of choice, you get a starter and dessert and a roll/crackers. Also drinks are in good supply. I cannot remember the actual choices, but I am imagining that this could change anyway.

Because Hthw to KL is a long leg, you also get a snack pack that is filled with a miniture chocolate, crackers and cheese, peanuts, cookie. THere are attendants constantly going up and down the aisle, ready to attend if you need them.

Movies/entertainment is great. The kids can play games and/or watch a movie or 'TV' program. It is play on demand, so you can watch your thing and they can each watch theirs.

There were a few children on my flight and I have to tell you, I didn't notice them, and one family of four was in front of me! May be due to parent control, or good entertainment by Malaysia!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Airlines

Hi Quennie thanks for that. I'm not worried about keeping her amused or well behaved, as she is usually a star and is 10 so well past the tantrums stage! She has picked her movies and packed her snacks I was just wondering whether to have a meal at heathrow really, I think we may just graba a McDonalds and take it from there! 3 weeks Thursday, can't wait.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Airlines

You can also request special childrens' meals on MH (minimum 24 hours before your flight). They come in special packs and children are usually served before the regular meal run. Depending on whether your child is a picky eater, this might be a good idea. Plus it can make them feel a bit special.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysian Airlines

About an hour after take off they start with drinks, then straight after serve the meal, then 1 1/2 - 2hours before landing they serve breakfast but continually walk up and down with water and orange juice and there's usually an ice cream half way through the flight.

London
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysian Airlines

You should be leaving from Terminal 4 from Heathrow. I didn't see a McDonalds there, but could be wrong. You can check out the shops/restaurants online. Not sure of website address, but you can google it and it is an official website. It will list all the retail shops and eating establishments. T4 is alot smaller than 3, so you may find it restricting to grab something there.

Have a great time and enjoy your trip away.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysian Airlines

I think mcdonalds is worse than an inflight meal!!

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,049 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysian Airlines

I've been following this with interest as I'm doing this flight later in the year.Thanks for the information... will be giving McD a miss!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysian Airlines

I'll post when I get back and let you know what happened when.

Jo

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
318 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaysian Airlines

OKay just over a week to go and now my next questions...

We are going out 31 March, land 1 April, I'm assuming whats on the website about movies for March is applicable for the flight but when will the April listings be on the website for the coming back flight?

Thanks everyone

Jo

10. Re: Malaysian Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 21:17