We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Say NO to Delta!!

Marina, CA
1 post
Save Topic
Say NO to Delta!!

I am saddened and utterly exhausted, thanks to Delta. I am a very optimistic person but when fed so much negative energy my first and second day of vacation were finally ruined by the lack of customer service and care Delta gave me.

Not only did Delta lose my carry on luggage (after they made me check it due to no more overhead compartment space), but the flight attendant was incredibly rude, the cheap red blankets they provide passengers was covered in vomit...yes vomit (even though i took it out of a plastic bag, which makes it look like it has been unused), and Delta representatives from their customer service 1-800 number and the Charleston, West Virginia Airport continued to send me in circles trying to figure out what had actually happened with my lost luggage. I had to make over 21 outgoing calls to Delta agents in just 24 hours!! The information they provided me was misleading and their customer service is appalling. This experience completely stressed me out and thanks to Delta the vacation was not worthwhile. I myself work in the hospitality and guest service industry and would personally dismiss any employee that acted in such an unhelpful and unsympathetic manner!

This was my first experience with Delta and obviously the first impression they left me with is not going to make me want to travel with them ever again. In the end it is Deltas lost due to the many future years I will be jet setting the globe with other more reliable and customer care oriented airlines!!

London, England
Level Contributor
1,319 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

Ah bless!

Never mind eh?

I think I'll avoid them too now that you've posted that.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

Just wondered if you got all the way onboard, went to store your carryon and found their was no space OR was your carryon the size of a small rhino and you had to check it during check in, did you complain at the time and get a new blanket? Did you get your bag back? Will you post again?

The answer to these and many other questions . . . . coming up

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

I have seen cases of people boarding a plane, not finding space for carryon and then having to gate-check it.

To the OP, did you ever get your luggage back?

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

Checked luggage handling is handled by non-airline employees.To be fair, the Delta representatives won't know what happened to your luggage. I suppose that's why all they can do is advise you on the steps to take to trace it.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,853 posts
1,049 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

>> when fed so much negative energy my first and second day of vacation were finally ruined <<

Oh dear, poor thing...... that negative energy is such a pesky irritant, isn't it?

Do you have photos of the "vomit" that was covering the "cheap red blanket"?

>> the many future years I will be jet setting the globe <<

Uh-huh.

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
247 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

saykiaora

>The answer to these and many other questions . . . . coming up<

Watch out for those flying pigs.

Park.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

Flew with Delta both internationally and domestically last year and had NO problem. Possibly one of the better airlines I've flown with!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

In the end it is Deltas lost due to the many future years I will be jet setting the globe with other more reliable and customer care oriented airlines!!

<<<<<<<<<<<

When you find one of these airlines, could you please post the names and share them with us?

Look at the positive side; at least you didn't have to pay to check your bag.

Puzzled as to why you were wasting time making so many phone calls. Usually, you can track a misplaced bag online; no need to constantly call.

Gliese 581 D
Level Contributor
601 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

"the cheap red blankets they provide passengers was covered in vomit"

I'm not calling a liar but.... Oh wait, yes I am. Not in a million years is that true.

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Say NO to Delta!!

Maybe that was the pattern !