We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hand luggage can i take my razor

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
203 reviews
Save Topic
Hand luggage can i take my razor

Hi just booked for 3 days in fuerteventura, flying from the uk and cause its only a couple of nights was just taking hand luggage and was wondering if i,m allowed to take my mach 3 razor in my hand luggae along with deodrent shave foam etc ,anybody have any idea if its allowed

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

Yes indeed, you may take your razor (and extra blades in their little plastic housing) in your hand baggage. Deodorant, toothpaste and shaving foam will have to go in a 1L plastic zip top bag but your razor may travel elsewhere in your bag.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

thats basicly was going to ask,,i,m only taking hand luggage so just a little bit of clothing and a wash bag ie...toothpaste deodrent ,soap. shaving foam etc,,as like i sadi its only for 3 days so what myself and wife have to take we have enough with just hand luggage,

so my toothpaste deodrant and shaving foam have to be in plastic bag and my razor will be ok in my wash bag

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

are you sure about tha TP? We had a pair of nail scissors a couple of years ago, hadn't realised they were in the bag! They weren't allowed. Is a razor not classed as a "sharp item" News to me if it's allowed but you live and learn

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

thats what i was thinking independent,,would love to know before we fly from liverpool

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,207 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

I keep a razor in the wash bag in my hand luggage and haven't had any aggro about it for years; last time through LHR was a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had any problems at AMS, HEL or KEF either, all travelling through in the last two years.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,028 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

If it's a safety razor, it should be no problem. Have taken a number of flights to varying destinations with no problems. However, if it's a straight edge or one of the old fashioned razors that require either a single edge or double edged blade, they will probably be confiscated.

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,362 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

its a mach 3 razor so its just a normal saftey razor

8. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 July 2017, 21:30
9. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 July 2017, 21:30
Uxbridge, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hand luggage can i take my razor

The important point is whether it's a cartridge razor which in this case (a mach 3) it is. Cartridges are fine. The phrase "safety razor" covers other types, such as double edge razors, and they're not allowed as you can take the whole blade out and use it to hurt someone.

"We had a pair of nail scissors a couple of years ago"

They're classed as sharps, anything with a sharp point is prohibited.