We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar Asia refunds

Haslemere, Surrey
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Jetstar Asia refunds

In October 2010 via my travel agent in UK I booked a return flight Singapore to Kota Kinabalu for my wife and self in late Feb/early March 2011. In late December my travel agent was informed that Jetstar were pulling out of the route altogether. I am still trying to obtain appropriate refund despite numerous e mails, telephone calls and letters to the Jetstar Asia MD.

It now transpires that the airline were aware in October last year they were likely to cease the Sin - KK operation!

The cost of alternative flights through Silk Air was double but the service first class. Jetstar are rip off merchants - to compound matters they bumped us off another pre-booked flight to Tasmania in January this year and substituted a later inconvenient flight same day, without compensation. Being owned by Qantas with whom we flew 6 international flights between December 2010 and March 2011 seems to make no difference.

Steer clear of Jetstar - the Ryanair of Australasia.

David Reynolds 18/03/11

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar Asia refunds

I agree you should be refunded your fare promptly for a withdrawn route, but writing to the CEO isn't going to do any good. That letter will go straight to their customer service dept, with whom you should continue to correspond with to get your refund.

With regards to Jetstar (Australia) - who by the way are run completely seperately to both Jetstar Asia and Qantas - did you advise them that your substituted flight to Tasmania was inconvinient? Did you ask for or were you offered any other alternatives?

Schedule changes happen with every airline. I've had it happen to me many times - and I've never been compensated. Refunded yes - but not compensated if they get me to my destination on the same day with reasonable notice about the schedule change.

Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar Asia refunds

As you made your booking through a travel agent you need to go back to them to get your refund not Jetstar Asia. When your bookings were made did your agent charge you one lump sum or use your credit card to make all the individual flights you took? How they were paid depends on who gets the money back.

Lots of things happen in the airline world everyday to put a spanner in the works. There have been lots of weather issues in this part of the world. Consider yourself lucky you arrived the same day you booked.

3. Re: Jetstar Asia refunds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 21:17
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor