We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

We're planning a cruise from Seattle (7/2-7/9) and would like to spend a few days on either end of the trip in Seattle. I've been playing with the dates 6/28-7/10, but we're pretty flexible.

I'm finding prices as low as $374/pp for the flight, but am not sure if that is a good price. I see significantly lower prices in April and May. Can I expect to see price drops between now or then, or is this just impossible?

Does anyone know when Virgin America will announce their flight schedule for late June/July? I'm not getting any responses from customer service.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,272 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

You are joking...flight sales around July 4th holiday!!??

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

Two summers ago, we got amazingly good prices flying during that same time period to San Francisco and San Diego. It kind of spoiled us...I was just wondering if the economic conditions might still make it likely to see that happen again.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

That's a really good price on a cross-country flight to Seattle.

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

Hello Lalama,

What airline is that for? If it is with Alaska, I would book it as Seattle is their hub and it probably is one of the only, if not only, non-stop to Seattle. Probably won'tfind anything cheaper because of the holiday.

Cheers

Chris

Satellite Beach...
Level Contributor
62 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

The airline is Continental...seems to be better-priced than the others for this route, and doesn't require a red eye flight.

Thanks for the advice!

6. Re: Tampa or Orlando to Seattle...when to book? Virgin?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 02:16