We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EasyJet not so Easy

Chicago
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
EasyJet not so Easy

Well, if you are traveling without luggage or especially hand luggage, this may be your airline; but if you have luggage, make sure it doesn't go over weight and make sure you stick to their rules. They are "nasty" if you are not in strict guidelines with their rules. You get what you pay for!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

When you book with Easyjet it clearly states the baggage and weight restrictions. I have travelled with Easyjet many times (just returned from Rome last week) and encountered no problems at all.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

Imagine that! EasyJet wants you to follow their rules! What a crazy, unreasonable airline.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
11,402 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

I agree with Gracie-boo. I would also like to know how your Easyjet complaint relates to British Airways?

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k43341…

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,574 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

No sympathy from me either. It is the passengers responsibilty to be aware of the rules regarding hand luggage.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,077 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

Easyjet don't have weight limits on hand luggage and the bag size is the same as legacy airlines. Checked luggage at 20kg is pretty normal for European airlines

England, United...
Level Contributor
9,393 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

Good heavens above!

" You get what you pay for" as the OP noted.

Who ever would have thought it?

CAVEAT EMPTOR -- Let the buyer beware, or, as Easyjet's website invited you to do, check that you have read and understood the terms and conditons of carriage and agree to be bound by them.

How come so many people think they can pay peanuts for a flight and then expect not only a full service experience, but also for the airline to make exceptions to accomodate their every whine and whim?

Get a grip, for goodness sake!

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

How can Easyjet be "nasty" by making sure that passengers stick to their baggage rules and restrictions which are clearly stated on their website at the time of booking!

Yes, you do get what you pay for and if you want to carry more than 20kg hold luggage you have the opportunity to pay more for it by adding additional weight allowance to your booking. So if you don't want to pay for it don't carry luggage above the stipulated 20kg limit!

Radcliffe, United...
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

traveled many times with this airline and ryanair. and i only carry hand luggage, as long as you know the rules get a bag that fits into the size guide.dont over fill it,you will be fine,...had many a long weekend all over europe thanks to easyjet / ryanair..at low cost prices,,

Yeovil, United...
Level Contributor
3,963 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

Here is a bit of useful advice if you are not sure - all you need is some scales, a tape measure and access to the airlines' website:

Hold luggage - check airline website and note down max weight allowance permitted. Weigh your luggage on set of scales and note down said weight. Ensure the latter does not exceed the former.

Hand luggage - check airline website and note down max size limit. Measure your luggage with tape measure and note down dimensions. Ensure the latter does not exceed the former.

The aforementioned procedure should ensure that you avoid all that "nastiness" at the airport you get from the airline for breaking their clearly stated and unambiguous rules & regulations on their website.

Hope this helps anyone still unsure about the position to avoid incurring the wrath of the "weight & size police" unfairly employed by the airline to ensure their rules and regulations are properly complied with. If not just pay the excess and then, when you get back home, come on this forum and moan about it!

Edited: 20 March 2011, 19:40
Chicago
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EasyJet not so Easy

What I am referring to is the very rude behavior of the staff. If I'm 2 kilos (which I don't even understand what a kilo is) overweight, then don't act like I have committed the unpardonable sin and still treat the customer with respect. If you don't care about being treated with respect and not being humiliated in front of other passengers, then "all aboard". Like they say, "I guess you had to be there."