We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance verbage..help...!!

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Insurance verbage..help...!!

Could someone please explain to me the verbage of the following re: TRIP CANCELLATION: (i want to know that if a "family member" gets very sick, is that covered under trip cancelation...with proof that they are sick...

All other companies have the verbage very clear, but this one company does not...and its the best rated &best coverage) that's why im asking:

so, here is what is says:

The Company will pay a benefit, up to the maximum shown on the Confirmation of Coverage, if You are prevented from taking or unable to continue Your Covered Trip due to:

a) Sickness, Accidental Injury or death of You, Traveling Companion, or Family Member; which results in medically imposed restrictions as certified by a Physician at the time of Loss preventing Your continued participation in the Covered Trip. A Physician must advise cancellation of the Covered Trip on or before the Scheduled Departure Date.

To me, it sounds like if a family member gets sick, I have to provide proof of myself that "I" cannot travel because its medically imposing "me" not the person who is sick.

No doctor will give a notice saying u cannot travel because of the sickness of another...its sooo confusing.

also the use of that semicolon is more confusing...

Thanks for any help & insight you may be able to give me!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Insurance verbage..help...!!

Suggest you call this company and speak with an agent, who can clarify this issue for you.

2. Re: Travel Insurance verbage..help...!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 13:17