We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to the USA

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Travel to the USA

Hi all,

My son is traveling with a classmate to the USA for 8 days. They are both 17 years old.

My son has an ESTA and is still valid. Now I read on the internet that normally we have to give a I-94 form when we depart from the USA, but previous time I did not received one or gave it to the officer at the airport.

Now my question is if my son can get trouble with this and if he needs special documents ? I emailed the embassy but they did not respond !

Thanks !!

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
5,762 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to the USA

The I94 form is usually provided to you when you check-in for your original flight to the US or more notably on board the aircraft prior to landing in the US. See the below link for more info on the form and how to complete it.

cbp.gov/xp/…filling_out_i94.xml

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to the USA

The green I-94W which was used for people traveling under the Visa Waiver Program has been discontunued since last summer.

The white I-94 is for people traveling with a visa, so not applicable for your son.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
140 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to the USA

Thanks for the info !

So it is normal we did not have to give a I94 form mast December at the airport ?

And for my son, an valid ESTA and passport is enough ?

Thanks !

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to the USA

Form I-94W will continue to be required at land borders, in the case of system outages, and at ports of entry that have not completed the transition to automated processing.

5. Re: Travel to the USA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 13:18