We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Qantas A380 PE inflight entertainment screens

G I
adelaide
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Qantas A380 PE inflight entertainment screens

Hi,

I have recently booked flights from Australia to the US for later in the year and have now found out that one of the flights is in the A380. (wasn't a factor when I booked - more concerned with times and dates)

I understand that the inflight entertainment screens for PE are located in the armrest. As I am interested in their tail mounted camera I was hoping to be able to watch ourselves take off and land - do these screens need to be stowed for take off and landing? It seems a little strange to be offering in-flight services that those electing to pay higher fares can not utilise as opposed to those that use seat back screens.

Has anybody traveled Qantas PE that can advise on this.

Cheers

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Qantas A380 PE inflight entertainment screens

Yes, screens in armrest must be stowed for take-off and landing.

There are main screens throughout the cabin, not sure if they would be programmed to show the skycam.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
319 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Qantas A380 PE inflight entertainment screens

They were showing tailcam on an emirates A380 from Dubai, not sure if that is helpful?

JO

G I
adelaide
Level Contributor
51 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Qantas A380 PE inflight entertainment screens

Cheers thanks - as I suspected. Bit disappointing. Had wanted to watch ourselves take off and then land in LA. Must be about the only perk of flying cattle :)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
319 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Qantas A380 PE inflight entertainment screens

No I meant it was on the screens in the wall and overhead not just back of seat ones.

Jo

5. Re: Qantas A380 PE inflight entertainment screens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 05:17