We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking online automatically checked in?

South East England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
booking online automatically checked in?

I have flown Easyjet for many years. This is the first time since the online check-in and printing off boarding passes at home. I am confused. How do I book a flight without automatically checking in and printing off flight details instead of boarding passes? I hadn't noticed it has happened until the night before when I looked at the flight details and realised that they were actually boarding passes. I am thinking if I get ill or there is a problem and I can't go I don't want to be checked in far in advance.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

Booking a flight and checking in are two entirely different things. To check in, you need to go to EasyJet's site and type in your info in the 'Check In Online' box in the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to completion. Before you do that, you will not be checked in. You also won't see or be able to print off boarding passes before that.

Edited: 28 March 2011, 19:46
South East England...
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

Maybe I'll try and explain.

When I booked my flight I printed off my boarding passes and not the expected flight details. I can not remember doing anything differently and certainly don't remember checking in (as I was not aware this was possible) and yet I ended up with boarding passes. I just don't want that to happen again so you're saying it should be possible to just book and not automatically check in and get your boarding passes? Am I right in thinking that when I have boarding passes I have checked in?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

If you have access to your boarding passes, this means you must have checked in online. And as I said, this is something you do independently of and after booking your flight. You do not automatically check in, it requires that you actively do so through EasyJet's website.

Are you sure what you printed off is a boarding pass? When did you book and when are you flying?

4. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 July 2017, 21:59
australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

>>>>When I booked my flight I printed off my boarding passes and not the expected flight details.

I think the OP may well have gone into "manage my booking" after booking the flights.

Judging by the OPS wording and npj60 instructions I would say the OP has already printed his boarding passes by mistake thus checking in.

I find it very strange that an airline allows on-line check-in 60 day in advance!! No way of getting a refund if something goes wrong.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

EasyJet don't do refunds so that's not an issue. I'm not sure if you can change your destination though after you've checked in.

Also, I don't think you can check in through 'Manage my Bookings'. You have to go through the 'Check In Online' box, as far as I recall. I don't really see how anyone could complete the online check-in procedure by accident.

Edited: 29 March 2011, 13:10
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
41,039 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

>>I am thinking if I get ill or there is a problem and I can't go I don't want to be checked in far in advance.<<

What does it matter if you have checked in or not. As Lex said they will not refund you the ticket or change it FOC anyway so what exactly are you concerned about?

If you are ill and can't go you will lose the flight. That's what travel insurance is for!!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

But if you can't change the details of your flight after check-in, you lose the option to transfer to another flight. So it might still be a bad idea to check in too early.

9. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 20 July 2017, 21:59
Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: booking online automatically checked in?

I don't see any option to check in online when looking at my bookings. But maybe it's because I'm still more than 60 days away from travelling.