We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asiana Airline Review

Santa Monica
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Asiana Airline Review

Has anyone ever traveled with Asiana Airlines? Do they have a solid reputation? - I for one, have never heard of them before...

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Manchester
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Asiana Airline Review

My experience was a good one and based on that I would fly with them again, even in economy. Some airlines I would never fly economy on a long flight. From what I have seen, most people have had a good experience with Asiana. These opinions are based on a good economy seat pitch and a very attentive cabin crew.

In my view the best reviews are ones given without emotion. If you don't like an airline vote with your feet, there are in most cases, alternative airlines.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Asiana Airline Review

My wife and I are booked on Asiana - Business to London in December. The reviews on trip advisor have been useful in our decision to use Asiana. I am a Platium frequent flyer with Qantas so you can read whatever into our decision to use Asiana on this occasion. The advice on complimentary hotel availability was particularly useful and I telephoned the Asiana office in Sydney recently and they l responded politely and positively offering a hotel for the night on the trip to London. I asked why this does not seem to be an automatic offer but unfortunately language problems prevented me getting a reply I could comprehend. (ie they didn't answer). I was going to book a room at the airport hotel in the terminal at my own expense so I was particularly pleased to be able to take advantage of the offer. I have stayed at the in terminal hotel at Incheon before and it is not cheap. Watch for my report on the actual experience next year.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,850 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Asiana Airline Review

GKS,

I hope you enjoy your flight(s) as much as I've enjoyed mine (in economy).

As to why the hotel isn't offered automatically nor advertized, I don't know but I'll take a guess. It could be to avoid some pax exploiting the offer, for example a couple taking two rooms on a "one room per passenger" assumption. You may think that ridiculous, but we did have a ranter last year complaining that ANA refused to give him a room during a weather incident when they'd already given a room to his wife!

Another reason is that the room isn't provided to everyone with an 8 hour or more layover. That 8 hour + layover must be unavoidable given OZs schedule; ie there must not be any combination of flights that would give a shorter transit. That may be difficult to program into their reservations system, and advertizing the offer may lead to pax not understanding these rules and complaining.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Asiana Airline Review

Thanks US Business Traveller. That all makes sense to me. I did travel to the UK via Narita a few years ago with JAL, which included an overnight free hotel, which was advertised as part of the deal. I didn't think of asking for two rooms, might have saved my wife a night of my snoring. I managed to introduce myself to Saki on that trip and the English hostie (yes, a very English lady) made sure I got plenty. Looks like you have a lot of interesting posts and I'll have more of a read ASP.

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Asiana Airline Review

I have flown Asiana over the years and always found them excellent, comforrable, very attentive and efficient cabin crew. Recommended.

Edited: 18 October 2012, 08:21
Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
7 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Asiana Airline Review

Thanks Monica4. I am reassured by your recommendation.

chicago, IL
Level Contributor
520 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Asiana Airline Review

Took Asiana for the first time last year on a Chicago to Manila roundtrip and found the airline a wonderful surprise. The ORD to LAX leg arrived late, and our online chosen seats somehow disappeared n seats were reassigned. I ended up with a side aisle and my 6footer hubby ended up in the "middle" of a middle row 2 rows back. As we were one of the last ones to get into the airplane, my husband made a comment to me across the aisle about the prospect of an uncomfortable long haul flight to Korea and lo and behold, the Head FA came over, bowed, and offered without preamble, a pair of seats by the window further back in the plane! Really made up for the mishap of the trip so far. And these were not the original seats I had requested, either.

The FAs on all legs of our trip were all very pretty, very gracious and feminine. Asiana should take pride in their FA training--or that they only pick the best candidates out there.

My husband tried bibimbap for the first time and I must say, the food is a lot better on this flight than in any other I had taken through the years.

Needless to say, I am looking forward to next June when I get to try their Business Class to the Philippines this time. I'm sure it will not be a disapointment as they have phased in the Quadra Smartium lay flat seats for the Chicago to Incheon leg.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Asiana Airline Review

Flown Asiana four times now and have always been impressed.

Have done the Sydney-London route on each occasion, and next to Singapore Airlines it is the best airline that I have ever flown.

The levels of service, food quality, and the aircraft experience are all top quality.

The only negative is the IFE - is definitely in need of an upgrade, as it is not the touch screen on many other carriers.

Having done the SYD-ICN-LHR route each time, I have had the hotel twice, and each time it has been a good experience, with the transfers, quality of the hotel, and getting the free dinner and breakfast.

A standout in world aviation for me is Asiana.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
58 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Asiana Airline Review

They get very good reviews on skytrax. I think the food and service are excellent judging by colleagues comments.

Murrieta, California
Level Contributor
34 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Asiana Airline Review

can anyone judgeusually Asiana verses ANA? I usually fly ANA from LAX-BKK through NAR. I had an opportunity to take a Asiana flight LAX-ICN-BKK.

I've read nothing but glowing reviews about Asiana and decided to experience their service. I am excited but a bit skeptical as well. ANA is a top carrier. Can anyone compare?