We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuwait Airlines Business Class

Langport, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Topic
Kuwait Airlines Business Class

Am looking to travel on Kuwait Airlines in Business Class, has anyone on this site been via business class that can tell me their experiences as I have seen bad reviews.

Thanks

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,120 posts
387 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

Never flown on it (dry!)

Looks grim:-

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/kuwait.htm

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,678 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

Hi,

I've flown them.. in Y, from BKL to MNL and v.v a few times... Was it good? It was OK.. I guess I'd call it "utilitarian".. it got the job done just fine....

Granted, this was in Y, but from what I could see into the C/J cabin, I didn't see anything that looked remarkable or substantial.. but again, I wasn't in that cabin...

Travel Safe,

New York
Level Contributor
184 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

My (economy) Air India flight JFK-LHR was cancelled, so they put me on Kuwait Airways. I hadn't heard anything about Kuwait Airways. I had read horror stories about Air India, but I couldn't resist the low fare. As GOPBI states, Kuwait Airways certainly got the job done and is probably fine for a short haul flight. Personally, I wouldn't repeat the experience because I think I might have gotten lucky that time with both airlines...

scotland
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

Didn't fly busines class but would avoid this airline at all costs! Never felt so unsafe in my life, nothing works on these ancient planes and after a 4 hour unexplained delay, left on the tarmac in complete darkness for an hour and a half and then spotting the groundstaff flashing torches under the wings,engines, fusillage and hearing other passengers asking loudly if "the plane was broke?" I was grateful to land back in the UK. Other review sites say that their business class is poor but truthfully go cattle class with BA or any of the other reputable airlines, you'll feel safer. (the toilets were worse than portacabin loos at football matches!!!!)

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

I think I have flow BC with them. Not that I paid, I got upgraded with the family on a full flight to LHR from NYC.

The outward bound flight was empty so we could spread out and hunt for a seat back system that worked. The food was OK although mainly spicy, but then you expect national dishes.

The return we got the upgrade and it was a world of difference. Spoilt my kids for long haul flights for life. More choice of food, I could have spent the entire flight eating. Entertainment systems all worked and the added bonus of a games console.

A friend flies Kuwait Air to India every year so don't base your decision on someone who rates an airline by the amount of alcohol they serve !

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,375 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

Guess it depends what you're used to.

If you've only ever flown economy/charter/low cost before then KU's business class is probably excellent. If you're used to Virgin, BA, Singapore Airlines, Cathay Pacific in First/Business then you'll probably consider it dreadful. It's priced super cheap for a reason, it's not very competitive.

Mackay, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

my flight jfk to lhr was cancelled. 20 mARCH 2012. air india desk was deserted, kuwait was on strike , THEY had all our details and flight ticket NUMBERS. and were sending people on the the next flight with air america. but refused us because we booked through air india. now 3 months im still trying to get my money back.!!!!!!

Newark
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

How are the seats in business class. KA do not provide any info on their web. How much do they recline? Do they have foot and leg rest? comfortable for a 90+ person for 25 hour flight?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
5,557 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

Flew F-class with them once FRA to Delhi but ended up in Mumbai. Flight dep. FRA was delayed and comment from check in agent was "they are always late". Flight Kuwait to Delhi was cancelled, premium pax got a hotel, Y pax spent the night on the airport floor. Next day we were booked to Mumbai. I had to get a new onward tkt. Had to pay my own way. Overnight hotel in Mumbai was a 5* dump, no food paid.

Return flight was equally chaotic. Instead of FRA we were shipped to LHR. People were given onward flights to FRA but on standby. Premium were treated better even got on LH to MUC, my final destination. Yes, they were cheap but afterwards I knew why. Never again. Esp. if you need a visa to enter Kuwait I would advise against transit there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kuwait Airlines Business Class

I travelled LHR - JFK on 10/11/12 (KU101) and returned on 13/11/12 (KU102). I travelled Business Class.

Everything went smoothly. On arrival at LHR you can use the Gulf Air lounge, which is a very pleasant facility. We boarded without incident. It appeared to be a quiet flight. The staff members were excellent on both journeys. The food was interesting. They handed out some entertainment 'i tablet' type of thing, a screen with headphones. It worked well and there was a broad range of material pre-loaded onto it.

The seat / cabin are old fashioned but not so as to seriously detract from the overall experience. The seat is not a flat folding seat. This is not BA Club World by any means; however, it is a fraction of the price of club world.

On the return you can use the Oasis lounge at JFK. There was a scrum for the flight at the boarding gate. This was not the fault of the staff but the passengers. There was a real mixed bag of passengers on the flight; many of whom did not know how to behave (we English are as bad). The staff were very good and insisted on orderly boarding.

We left and arrived safely, which is ultimately all you really want. The staff were courteous and helpful. The airline needs to purchase some new planes. But otherwise a good experience and it was £546 cheaper than the next cheapest flight (Delta/KLM) !!!!! You cant argue with that.