We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

tauranga, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

We are on a flight Auckland HCMC via transfer Singapore, and have now been told that we will have to stay over night in Singapore rather than 1 hour, we have called Jetstar 3 times, and still no answer as to whether we will be put up in a hotel at the airport. Each time we have been given different info??? Anyone got any advice or been in this situation???

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

From the Jetstar website:

Flights or schedules may change or be cancelled

The airline does not guarantee it will be able to carry you and your Baggage in accordance with the date and time of the flights specified. Schedules may change and flights may be delayed or cancelled for a range of reasons including but not limited to bad weather, air traffic control delays, strikes, technical disruptions, network changes and late inbound aircraft. Flight times do not form part of your contract of carriage with us. Please ensure accurate passenger details are provided in step 3 of the booking process so any changes can be notified. To the extent permitted by law, the airline excludes liability for any costs, expenses, losses or damages incurred by the Passenger as a result of failure to meet a schedule. Travel insurance is recommended.

tauranga, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

thanks for your reply I realise about delays etc- but just attempted to seek a definitive answer from Jetstar so could make alternative arrangements, but have now had 2 different answers from the same call centre. Initally booked a hotel when told we could spend the evening in town, then in a further call told not sure if able to leave airport??? All I am seeking is clarification.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
2,329 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

well I don't think it's up to the airline to grant you permission to leave the airport! That would rest with Singapore Immigration! Although it's a great airport to be stuck in...

Have you asked to speak with the manager?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

just ad a bad experience witth a cancelled flight melb to singapore 10/3/2011 with jetstar.still havent got my refund .didnt get offered a hotel room got absolutely no customer service.dont hold your breath waiting for jetstar.read the fine fine print of your travel insurance.you probably arent covered by flight cancellation.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

Let us know what the outcome was.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,899 posts
1,993 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

Follwing repeated bad publicity in Australia a couple of years ago when there were stranded Jetstar passengers, the airline is more likely to put you up.

Important;ly, it is a situation about which the airline has notified you in advance, initiated by the airline.

Yes, I too would try to speak to the manager (even of its Manila call centre) but for heavens' sake try to get names and operator numbers at all stages, and write them down together with the eact time and date of your call and a summary of the discussion, including any commitments.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

>>>>>>and have now been told that we will have to stay over night in Singapore rather than 1 hour,

How did you find this out by phone or email?

If by phone the very first person to contact you was the one that would have passed on what you were entitled to. Were you told it was to be at your expense and you are looking to get out of paying for it or claiming on insurance.

If it was operated by the Australian arm of Jetstar normally you would be put up as the delay is overnight but I notice the flights are operated by two separate divisions so you have lucked out. You have had advance warning and can make arrangements, .

There is no way you would have made the one hour connection anyway, knowing Jetstar you probably have to collect you baggage and re-checkin at Singapore.

Unless otherwise advised, the airline does not provide flight connections, baggage transfer or check-in for multiple flights. It is the Passenger's responsibility when making bookings to allow time for Baggage collection and recheck. Please see Flight Connections for more information. Travel insurance is recommended.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
105 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

spent 28 minutes on hold before finally getting answered last night.the woman i spoke to just kept apologising . ispoke to the decision maker as per jetstars customer charter who tried to tell me that i was offerd a refund on 16/3/2011 which is when i phoned them.when i said i was offered a refund or rebook when i was at the airport and my flight was cancelled on 10/3/2011she did not believe meat which stage i stated that i found it un believeable that she would think that i or anyone for that matter would leave the airport without rebooking or getting a refund.in the end just kept apologising.i said i having nothing but contempt for jetstars customer chaerter as jetstar make no attempt to adhere to it.when i asked for a letter stating why my flight was cancelled i was told it would be sent from jetstars insurnce company.once jetstar get your money and something goes wrong they dump you like a hot potato.any suggestiona anyone?

Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

So you turned up at the airport to find your flight was canceled? They offered you a refund or rebook at the airport and you didn't sort it out then, that's probably why its difficult to sort it out a week after the event - so they apologized, offered you a refund or rebook (which you didn't take) sounds like they're trying to fix the problem.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
386 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jetstar flight delayed/ accomodation airport

OK having read you other scattered posts with regards to the problem, Jetstar canceled the flight due to maintenance issues, offered to rebook you on the next days flight OR a refund, you took neither and you wanted Jetstar to book you with another airline, they wouldn't so you booked flights on another airline yourself and didn't take the refund, sounds like they did all they could at the time, you decided to book more flights, you declined the refund or rebook.