We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryanair

manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ryanair

I have tried to change the booking name on a £80 flight with these sharks and they have the cheek to try to charge me £100 yes £100 to change a name. Has anyone experienced this ? and if so did you manage to get it sorted. I am fuming !!!!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryanair

It's a perfectly understandable charge designed to prevent the emergence of a secondary market for FR flights.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryanair

As per their terms and conditions which you accepted when you booked. Presumably you read them before booking.

manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryanair

My step daughter unfortunatly split up with her boyfriend ,an unforseen circumstance she is now distraught as i cannot afford the additional cost . You have obviously never been in this position or are Oleary under an alias.

manchester
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryanair

Unlike you we cant read the future, dont be stupid.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryanair

Soldonlara, this is precisely why FR impose this cost. You want to travel at (I presume) relatively short notice. The fare at this late stage is now (I presume) over £100. FR - not unreasonably - want you to purchase the ticket from them. They do not want somebody who bought a 1p flight months ago selling it on to you and cannibalising their sales. In this case it's your step-daughter, remove the fee and it could be anyone on eBay.

Incidentally, many full service airlines wouldn't even entertain the idea of transferring a non-ref ticket to another pax.

Yours

O'Leary

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,659 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryanair

soldonlara

Who's stupid? I have never flown Ryanair in my life but I do always read terms and conditions before I book anything.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,014 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryanair

Have you tried to book another ticket instead?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,408 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ryanair

Frankly you have my sympathy this airline has its fans but i am certainly not one of them. They do not provide even or did not untill recently an email address for their customers to contact them. Saw yesterday they have cut the number of flights to a spainsh airport over charges according to the airport people the extra cost would be about thirty cents a passenger. They are i think by far the worst example of an airline operating on a major scale in europe sorry for your problem i know it does not help but you have my sympathy.

Dublin
Level Contributor
803 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Ryanair

So if your step daughter broke up with her boyfriend then surely you wont be needing his ticket, so why are you thinking of a name change ??

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,045 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ryanair

Are you trying to transfer a ticket to another person? I think every airline I've ever flown either prohibit this or want you to pay the fare-difference. The reason is given in post 2.