We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Type of aircraft?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Type of aircraft?

As part of my summer holidays I will be taking a flight from LAX to SFO with Continental.

The type of aircraft I'm flying on is down as being 32S on flighttracker. I'm hoping someone can tell me what type of aircraft this is ie. 737 etc

Thanks in advance.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,557 posts
532 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Type of aircraft?

This is normally an Airbus 320. As I don't think Continental have this type of aircraft I suspect this may be a codeshare with United

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Type of aircraft?

32S is abbreviation for Airbus A318/319/320/321.

Make a dummy booking on Continental or United Airlines website to see exact type of aircraft.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,808 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Type of aircraft?

Yes its a A320 which United flies on that route United & Continental are merging.

Edited: 16 April 2011, 15:45
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Type of aircraft?

Could also be a A318 according to flight schedules.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Type of aircraft?

Neither UA or CO has A318s, so doubtful.

OP - just do a dummy booking and see what type of aircraft is used. On this route nonstop, UA usually uses an A320, A319 or a 757-200.

Edited: 16 April 2011, 18:40
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Type of aircraft?

Remember though...whatever the schedule SAYS, they could always change the aircraft.

CO website shows that SFO-LAX are CO but all are actually operated by UNITED. Aircraft are: A319, A320, 757-200,

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Type of aircraft?

Sorry, typo. I meant A319.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Type of aircraft?

Thanks guys, I did the dummy booking and it appears to be, for the moment anyway, an A319.

Thanks, as always for your advise.

Amanda

9. Re: Type of aircraft?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 03:18