We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does this apply to Ryanair ?

malta
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
6,309 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Does this apply to Ryanair ?

I recently read this article and wonder if it would simplify booking with Ryanair ?

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-39359363

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

Why would that apply to Ryanair? DOT is a US entity.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,454 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

Nothing to do with Ryanair. Department of Transportation rulings don't apply in the UK.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,604 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

In any case this has been the law in the EU for a number of years.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

You're quite right Leyland - but FR is an Irish company (this doesn't apply there, either!).

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,649 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

Even if it did apply to Ryanair, I don't see why the rules would make any significant differences for them. If you search for a flight, the price shown already includes all non-optional fees and charges, and they've got a page on their website listing their fees which is clearly linked on the top of the front page. Bumping is pretty much never an issue as they don't overbook. Don't know if they refund luggage-charges in case of lost luggage but since they are a point-to-point airline I'd imagine the number of lost bags to be quite small anyway.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
37,454 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

Scots

When I think of Ireland I always think of it as being part of the UK, even though I know it isn't lol!!

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,274 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

Not in recent history.

8. Re: Does this apply to Ryanair ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 17:18