We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

The First Class service on American Airlines flights is Excellent! With so many airlines saving money this one still remains 100% tasteful and upper class. I had dinner on one flight. Served with white wine if I chose that or red wine. Grilled chicken with brown rice. The other flight offered lunch. Both were great meals. First Class seats are not inexpensive but well worth the Money you spend at American Airlines. They also offered us beverages prior to take off. It's nice to know some airlines still know what Class means. I give them 5 Stars!

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,271 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Chicken & rice with a glass of white wine sounds good to me!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Yes, it really is good food.

London UK
Level Contributor
405 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Amazing...a choice of red and white wine!

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

obviously a three star michelin restaurant in the sky.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,383 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Travelled in international F much have we? Drinks prior to takeoff is absolutely normal, and AA's food is only excellent if you consider the Olive Garden or Cheesecake Factory haute cuisine.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,859 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Hmm. One posting to the the OP's name --

Red and white wine and a choice thereof? And a meal? I receive that choice on longhaul flights in economy. That hardly elevates a flight to "upper class".

Edited: 15 May 2011, 18:20
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,900 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Grilled chicken and brown rice?? Was there any sauce on offer?

I've had some pretty good meals at 35,000ft too, with SQ down the blunt end though I'm sure the offerings were better than chook and brown rice sounds :-) Choice of wine too (and it wasn't bad) but I'm sure what they were getting up the very pointy end was infinitely better than a bit of chook and some brown rice (at least I hope so LOL).

A friend is flying to the UK next week with Emirates (business class) and they get 5 courses, champagne, wines, a choice of about 15 varieties of tea, coffee and fully flat seats. She's going to email me after they arrive to let me know what it was like (she's a very nervous flyer and the only way her husband could entice her on a long haul flight was if they flew business class).

Were the AA seats fully flat?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
56,611 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

I read the post multiple times and cannot figure out whether it's a domestic or international flight? The meals and drinks are offered domestically as well.

Either way, I doubt AA's offer in F would be any better than other airlines. I have flown across the pond in their business class a couple of times and it was light years away from BA's Club World flying the same routes.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,383 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

Were the AA seats fully flat?

Internationally, yes:

aa.com/i18n/…firstClassCabin.jsp

10. Re: American Airlines First Class seating Is 5 Stars

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2012, 05:19