We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

economy or next class up with Virgin

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
economy or next class up with Virgin

we are expecting to fly to Florida from the UK next year flight times are 8 and 9 hours. How does the next class up to economy compare to economy is it worth paying what looks like double plus the fare. we would be flying with Virgin

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,647 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: economy or next class up with Virgin

Is it worth it is a personal choice.

Some will tell you yes it is for the benefits (extra space etc) that you will get - others will tell you it's not as they look to minimise the cost.

Although I've not flown Virgin Premium Economy I have flown both Premium Economy and Business Class on other carriers - it is more expensive and it was worth it for me but nobody else can truly decide if it's worth it for you.

A good way of looking at is what else you would spend the additional money on e.g better hotel etc and decide what is more important.

Sorry if this isn't that helpful.

TomC

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
1,374 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: economy or next class up with Virgin

thank you

London
Level Contributor
1,832 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: economy or next class up with Virgin

I fly with Virgin quite regularly and whilst I like the PE I wouldn't value it as twice the price of E.

On some of the Gatwick planes they have a PE in the Upper Deck section of the 747's... in this case then I think that the upgrade is well worth it.

Usually the flights to Florida are day flights and the flights back are night flights. You may want to look at upgrading on the way back so you can get some sleep.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: economy or next class up with Virgin

<<is it worth paying what looks like double plus the fare>>

I say yes, someone else says no - waddya gonna do, its a personal choice?

Even knowing its 'double' doesn't help much - is that double the sometimes fare price of £350, or double the £700 'normal' price ? Depends if there is a sale on. Personally I reckon its worth the extra £350 but not £700, YMMV.

5. Re: economy or next class up with Virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:35