We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Insurance that covers Natural Disasters??!

London
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Travel Insurance that covers Natural Disasters??!

We're due to fly out to Greece from London Stanstead on Tuesday.

But after hearing about the volcanic ash striking again, I'm looking for travel insurance that will cover me in case of any delays caused by the this natural disaster.

Can anyone recommend any decent companies as I read how last year alot of companies didn't pay out.

The only one I can seem to find is Direct -Travel-Insurance. But it doesn't seem to have many good reviews.

Edited: 23 May 2011, 01:43
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
10,857 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Travel Insurance that covers Natural Disasters??!

However, should it be delayed or cancelled today or tommorow because of the va would my claims be rejected?

Of course. If you had no car insurance and were in an accident, do you think if you called an insurance company to get coverage, as you were being taken to hospital in an ambulance, that this incident would be covered? No.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Travel Insurance that covers Natural Disasters??!

You do already have travel insurance though, don't you??

Fairfield, Ohio
Level Contributor
201 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Travel Insurance that covers Natural Disasters??!

I called Travel Guard and checked and was told it would be covered because I have had my policy in effect long before the volcano eruption began. So those without already would be out of luck to try and get insured now.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
4,030 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Travel Insurance that covers Natural Disasters??!

>>>>But after hearing about the volcanic ash striking again, I'm looking for travel insurance that will cover me in case of any delays caused by the this natural disaster.

maybe if you had already bought it that would be a starting point.

when you book your next trip......book your insurance

15. Re: Travel Insurance that covers Natural Disasters??!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2012, 06:35