We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iceland airways

dfr
dorset
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
iceland airways

has any one used them to travel to the us?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,013 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: iceland airways

You mean Icelandair or Iceland Express - for either see http://www.airlinequality.com/ and try to arrange your trip so you can stay a night in Iceland

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
8,550 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: iceland airways

You can read a lot about both airlines on the Iceland forum. I have used Icelandair to Iceland and thought they were very good.

Do make sure you have a 1 or 2 night stop over in Iceland, it is an amazing country.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iceland airways

Icelandair is a very good small airline, offering decent service to and from the UK, Iceland and North America. I've travelled with FI a number of times in the last 11 years and am always happy to do so.

And I agree with smudge99, if you have the time please do stop in Iceland for a day or two. There's much more to the country than a quick dip in the Bláa Lónið.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,539 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: iceland airways

Please note that when Icelandair have very attractive business class fares to the US, their business class cabin is more akin to Premium Economy on other carriers.

But they are a worthy airline, and the stop-over for a couple of days has alot to recommend to it !

5. Re: iceland airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 13:18