We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing Airlines

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunwing Airlines

Does anybody have any experience on travelling with Sunwing Airlines with kids? I know its cheaper but how is the service and all?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,449 posts
499 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Why would you think travelling with kids on this airline would be different to any other airline ?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,863 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Where are you planning to travel? Sunwing offers budget charter services, so not quite the same type of in flight experience as with some other airlines. Depends a bit on your destination though.

Alberta
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing Airlines

We travelled to Cancun with our two kids. At the time they were 2 and 4 years old. I had nothing to complain about. However they don't have some of the extras that other companies like Transat have (Transat gave us coloring books, beach ball etc). My two year old daughter actually was sick on the flight and the flight attendants helped out with cleaning up her mess. It was much appreciated.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing Airlines

well. I am travelling to London UK with a 7 year old and 3 year old. my only conern is do they have an entertainment system that can keep my kids busy.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,863 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing Airlines

I suspect that the IFE will be main screen films rather than AVOD, but you may want to speak to Sunwing to confirm this. Children should be offered a backpack with small toys and games; do ensure you give your API (advance pax info) to the airline well before departure date so they'll be aware of your childrens' ages. www.flysunwing.com/flybetter/flybetter.asp

Sunwing have 2-4-2 seating in their 767s with other airlines offering 2-3-2 seating, so the flight may be a bit cosy. Advance seat selection costs $C15 per seat per flight sector as well.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Never travel with Sunwing to London, I have a very bad experience on 19 June 2011 when their plane stopped at Keiff Iceland for refueling and 7 hours flight turned into 12 hours flight with no enough space for legs. They charge for blankets as well. They don`t give drinks twice even if you ask for it. I will say it's a crap.

Edited: 01 July 2011, 16:20
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing Airlines

I've travelled with Sunwing multiple times & think they are great in comparison to the other flights that do the Mexico/Carribean route.

I've taken my son on Sunwing twice to Cuba at 4 yrs old and 8 years old both times he was provided with an activity package , filled with crayons, activities, little games etc.. Also the headsets were free, meals, snacks, no n alcoholic bevies & complimentary champagane and in service movie. I also like the leather seats as I can wipe it down with an antibacteria wipe prior to sitting..lol

Edited: 22 July 2012, 23:00
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,280 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing Airlines

I agree, don't use them to London. Regular delays, cancellations and extra stops. They are simply the most unreliable airline on this route.

Pay a bit more and go with someone else. Even Transat is better, but look for sales on BA or AC

Edited: 23 July 2012, 08:30
Glasgow
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing Airlines

If you can avoid it, please dont travel with Sunwing.

I have just returned from Toronto to Glasgow on a flight which left there at 11.00pm on Sunday night - this flight should have left at 9.05pm on Saturday night. No luggage return, so if you had no money left you were left in the clothes that you had on for almost three days.

Horrendous eperience with two teenage boys.

They did put us up in a hotel, but then sent a fax (which was stuffed under our hotel room door) with the amended flight time showing incorrectly as Monday night rather than Sunday.

No communication and no explanation.

Terrible airline.

Cornwall
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sunwing Airlines

Flew with Sunwing from Toronto to Las Vegas and back in August. Flight out and back Ok. Unfortunately the flight back to Toronto was delayed due to bad weather in Canada (apparently) so aircraft was late into Las Vegas. Was given a 5 dollar food voucher and was told by the gate agent that it could be used at any of the food outlets in the immediate vicinity. That wasn't the case so I used mine, (and my wife's) on the flight for an alcoholic drink. Flight attendants were pleasant and helpful but the food was dull.