We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hand luggage bag

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Topic
Hand luggage bag

Ive seen this eastpak bag for a really good price but im not sure whether its too big for hang luggage

here is it...

www.kateskates.co.uk/productdetails.html…

the dimentions are 45x23x20cm

btw im flying thomas cook airlines

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,853 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hand luggage bag

Thomas Cooks size is 43x28x23 weight 5kg

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hand luggage bag

would i be okay with that bag?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,853 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hand luggage bag

Strictly speaking, no, but in reality, probably, as long as it's not bulging. It depends on the check in person on the day. She'd have to be a good judge to spot 2cm! Also don't forget they can still pick up on hand luggage at the gate.

If it was me I would take it.

Stratford-upon-Avon...
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hand luggage bag

thanks for the help... yeah 2cm is nothing really and considering some of the size of hand luggage people take with them... it should be okay :)

i am going to order it for that price lol

Luton, United...
Level Contributor
999 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hand luggage bag

It also looks like a soft bag, so if they insist, you can squash it into any grading cage they have, as long as its not over packed and bulging at the seams!

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
8,931 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hand luggage bag

Thomas Cook hand luggage dimensions are really miserly compared to most other airlines.

I have an Antler rucksack that has been fine as cabin baggage on all flights other than TC.

I flew to Turkey from Stansted a couple of years ago with TC and used a smaller bag but there were lots of people with much bigger bags boarding the plane.

I'd tend to agree with Leylandsunaddict & orlandorocks and risk it.

Your bag is actually 8cms (3") smaller than the max so that will make it look smaller overall - IYSWIM:

45x23x20 - your bag

43x23x28 - TC max

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hand luggage bag

You won't have a problem with this bag.

8. Re: Hand luggage bag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 00:17