We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Czech airlines ?

County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Czech airlines ?

Never heard of the airline,but due to fly with them from Dublin to Zante/Zakynthos very soon.

Any comments on the airline based on your experience ???

Boston...
Level Contributor
286 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Czech airlines ?

Very reputable airline, member of the SkyTeam alliance.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Czech airlines ?

I agree. Flew them just once on a return journey between Rome and Prague a few years ago. The flights were on time, flight attendants were professional, and the service was comparable to their partner airlines.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
34,840 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Czech airlines ?

This is a charter flight they are operating on behalf of various travel agencies - no scheduled flight to Dublin from Prague

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Czech airlines ?

glad to hear good things, we will use them on an upcoming vacation.

nyc
Level Contributor
92 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Czech airlines ?

In my experience, expect inedible food (even as airline food goes), unprofessional/nasty staff, and rickety old planes. I'd never fly them again.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Czech airlines ?

Ours was not a chartered flight but a regularly scheduled one on Czech Airlines aircraft. And it was also in 2006. I suppose these could contribute to differences in the level of service experienced.

Edited: 21 July 2011, 18:53
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Czech airlines ?

Ditto to mikes comment - I'll never fly them again

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,569 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Czech airlines ?

Ditto to mikes comment - I'll never fly them again

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Czech airlines ?

I have flown with Czech Air numerous times since 2002 and I rate them as one of the best former Eastern Block Airlines in Europe. Although, I have yet to fly long haul with them; overall the service is not bad at all.

I typically buy my tickets online and I once compared the price to Easy Jet and found Czech Airlines to be cheaper. Noting that there are none of the restriction on baggage weight like Easy Jet. Having recently flown to Naples with BA to be honest food wise it was not that much different to what you would find on Czech Air.

However, whilst some may criticise Czech Air, if I may offer one example why I rate them as good, a few years ago, I lost an item at the airport, and at the last minute had to cancel my non refundable ticket. But Czech Air without any type of fuss simply arranged for me to fly the following day, without any charge whatsoever to switch my ticket.

This is known as customer service, and to note I was only flying economy.

I have flown many airlines in my time and this was a first, being able to change a ticket for free. I once had to change a BA ticket for, a two hour later flight, because I was coming off one flight and was worried in case I missed the connection and BA charged me £50 just to do that.

So go ahead and enjoy your flight on Czech Airlines!

Edited: 21 July 2011, 22:01
County Meath...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Czech airlines ?

Thank you all for your comments.

I am just back from holiday & based on my own experience with Czech Airlines,I could not find fault.

The aircraft was very comfortable,cabin crew provided an excellent service & were all very friendly.

I would hope to use Czech Airlines again in the future.