We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelpapa warning!

Denmark
4 posts
Save Topic
Travelpapa warning!

I just would like to warn everyone from using this agency! They may seem nice at first and they may have cheap plane tickets once in a while, but as soon as there's a problem, you realize what they are really like.

I booked a return plane ticket through this agency, and on the day that I'm supposed to fly out I'm told by the airport staff that I can't be found in the system. Basically my ticket is not valid, because my travel agency only gave me a reservation number and not a ticket number. So all I can do is to go home. There's no way I can get in touch with the agency at that time. My boyfriend finally gets in touch with them on chat, and after he's been on chat with them for 2 hours, they finally come up with a ticket number for me. I'm already on the train back from the airport, and check-in closes in 10 minutes. So I have no way of making it because of their mistakes. They told me that my ticket was gone basically. They won't take responsibility for this, even though they clearly made the mistake.

I talked to the airline myself and they rebooked my ticket for me free of charge, because it was not my fault. I told this to Travelpapa, and now they are threatening me to pay for the ticket again, and if I don't, they will make sure it's cancelled.

I will never use this crook agency again!! They are unprofessional, untrustworthy and has the worst customer service that I've ever experiences. I'm shocked with how I've been treated by them.

Novo Mesto, Slovenia
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Travelpapa warning!

Oh no, good thing i never saw this! My friends and I booked cheap tickets from Budpest to Toronto in summer 2013 via travelpapa and everything was fine. I guess we were lucky! I'm sorry to hear so many of you had troubles with this website.

22. Re: Travelpapa warning!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 19:35
23. Re: Travelpapa warning!

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 August 2014, 19:35
24. Re: Travelpapa warning!

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 02:35
New York
Level Contributor
554 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Travelpapa warning!

why are so many messages in the thread deleted?

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Travelpapa warning!

I used this angency several times and all times it was excellent and conveninet service!

Edited: 22 July 2015, 23:53
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
27. Re: Travelpapa warning!

I myself had only bad experiences with Travel Papa, they made my return flight from Scotland to Norway a hell and I almost having to stay there.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,586 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Travelpapa warning!

How did they manage that?

29. Re: Travelpapa warning!

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2016, 06:16